Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wendans

Anyone know about this nursery???

wendans
11 years ago

Anyone here ever heard of Forest Lake Nursery? Just curious about them. Thanks.

Comments (15)

• barbaraincalif
    11 years ago

The one in Northern California? Yes, I ordered from them several years ago. Quality of plants was mostly good, and the owner Steve was great to work with. I see they have a very nice website now. Thank you wendans for having me re-discover this nursery...I'll be placing an order from then soon.

Barbara

Here is a link that might be useful: Forest Lakes Nursery

• wendans
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I don't know much about them but a guy I know has tried them but is having a difficult time getting his plants. If you ever get a hold of him is the problem in question. My friend says he seems like a real nice guy but just can't get him to ship him his plants.

• barbaraincalif
    11 years ago

That's not good....
    I've sent him an email with a link to this discussion.

Barbara

• wendans
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I wonder if he will look at it? As my friend said, he was a very nice guy. He would like to buy some of his plants but he does not know what the problem is in getting them is all.

• deltaohioz5
    11 years ago

I had the same problem. Never got my plants.

Frank

• wendans
    Original Author
    11 years ago

What happened? What is the deal? Why not send the plants???

• Scott
    11 years ago

Did you get your money back? What was his excuse for not sending the plants???

• ricksample
    11 years ago

If you haven't ordered the plants yet, but would like to... Buy them from someone else. Customer service is up next to plant quality when I purchase. If they cant fullfil your order, they don't deserve your order. Nice guy or not... if he is having problems, no matter what it is, it would take all but 2 minutes to post his delay on the website.

If you have purchased the plants, call your charge card and tell them you never received the products and would like to stop payment.

• Scott
    11 years ago

Kind of a sad deal if you ask me. I wonder what could have happened??

• barbaraincalif
    11 years ago

Great advice for ANY mail-order transaction that has gone bad!
    It's sad to hear such bad experiences with a once reputable nursery...

Barbara

• deltaohioz5
    11 years ago

I talked with him several times, seemed like a nice guy. He was interested in a couple plants that I'm growing so I sent him a couple of my plants in exchange for a couples of his plants. I never received his plants. I called a couple times and was told that he was extremely sick. I saw a while later that his site was down so I just figured that the poor guy died.

Frank

• Scott
    11 years ago

No, his site is still up and running. Who told you he was sick?

• deltaohioz5
    11 years ago

This was several years ago. I forgot all about it until I saw this thread and see that his site is back up.

Frank

• Scott
    11 years ago

So it appears he is still pulling this stuff years later. Wow, I thought someone would have blown the whistle on this guy by now. Wendans, what has your friend found out?

• wendans
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, he has not heard from him since last Tuesday. The plants were to have been shipped on Monday. They still have not arrived as of today. He has tried to contact him but he has not returned calls or even an email. He is kind of bummed and now has to reorder from other companies.