Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haloperidol

New Arrivals from Stanley and Son's

haloperidol
15 years ago

Seems to be a few questions lately about Stanley and Son's Nursery. Thought I would post these pics of my new plants received today from Stanley and Son's. If youre new and you've never ordered, these are the average sizes for the 1 gallon plants....at least from my experience. I got a little spruce happy with this order.

Abies nordmanniana `Musterland'

Cedrus libani `Hedgehog'

Cham obtusa `Rashamiba Variegated'

Picea pungens `Glauca Pendula'

Picea pungens `Montana Ave.'

Picea pungens `Scottie'

Picea pungens `Stanley's Gold'

Picea pungens `The Blues'

Pinus mugo `Winter Sonne'

Pinus nigra `Black Prince'

Comments (8)

• herman_neutics
    15 years ago

Great pics and plants Halo.

How does it work with the pricing?

• barbaraincalif
    15 years ago

Thanks for the pictures! I bravely ordered 4inchers yesterday; had spent my monthly plant allowance by Oct 6 and hope the hubby isn't home when UPS delivers. I'll try to hold out another week before ordering 1gals....see you ordered some beauties that are on my list.

Barbara

• haloperidol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

As for pricing....Generally....Most 1 gallon pot sized plants are $7.50, some are $15 or $20, and a few are $25 or more. Most 4 inch pot sized plants are $5, some are $7.50 and $10, few are $15 or more. Prices depend on multiple factors...rarity, availability, demand, or plant age. Shipping can get a little pricey. Luckily the cheapest for me is overnight Southwest Airlines cargo frieght to the local airport terminal. This shipment cost $55 to ship and was received overnight.

• kleckas
    15 years ago

The first cultivar: the correct name is Abies nordmanniana Münsterland (or Muensterland).

• gardener365
    15 years ago

I got a German author who calls it as kleckas has:
    Münsterland

Dax

Erhardt, Walter 'List of Conifer Names' 2005.

Great order. Dax

• marchela
    15 years ago

I like all of them! How to get the code to browse their website' catalog? What is the secret? I am not a nursery, but the person who loves gardening...

• barbaraincalif
    15 years ago

I'm quoting Dax from a past posting...it's ALL you need to know, except how to choose what to order!

"They never will have everything listed but their list changes frequently as I know, they purchase from other growers. I once waited three years for a plant to show up on their 'Current Availability List'.

Here's how it goes:
    #1 You need to be a member of a conifer society and you need to join the American Conifer Society (you'll enjoy the 4 quarterly issues no matter what). That's only 30 dollars a year.

Stanley and Sons will request information about you as a "collector." That's what I call myself. From there it's all common sense.

They sell in quantities of DETERMINED according to size of container, there are no combining or any exceptions, whatsoever.

Another rule, never call them on the telephone to place an order. It's written in their catalogue and they mean business about this policy! If you need to pay with a credit card, then you may call.

If a plant dies, don't get mad about it. It's better to leave it be! Their prices are very cheap! (Hint!)

(10) one-gallons make an order
    (15) small pots (4") complete any order
    (3) three-gallons per box is an order
    (2) five-gallons is an order!

Also, 7gallon size thru 10-gallon size are also a single -- order.

Their most popular sellings are one-gallons by far, but you'll be excited to see 3-10 gallon offerings and I've purchased everything from 4" to 10 gallon's and I can honestly tell you it's always a fair dealeo!! So again, keep that in mind before you call to harass them.

Thanks,

Dax "

• barbaraincalif
    15 years ago

P.S.

They cannot ship Pinus sylvestris, Pinus nigra and Pinus resinosa to California....rats!