Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blue_yew

Just got Thuja koraiensis x occidentalis

blue_yew
13 years ago

I have some Thuja koraiensis x occidentalis they

are from an arboretum in Finland where the parents

grow next to each other and seedling are hybrids.

undersides greenish white from the other parent.

However they are faster than T koraiensis.I Just

need to get them planted out could be interesting.

Comments (11)

• gardener365
    13 years ago

Why don't you use Photobucket Euan?
    We'd all like to see this stuff.

Later,

Dax

• shastensis
    13 years ago

yeah really! Come on! What a tease! I just rooted some Thuja koraensis, upright specimens, not the prostrate form. This is such a mysterious species, there is almost nothing on it in the literature. I do not understand why some individuals are spreading shrubs and others are actual trees. Dax, do you know, if I have a rooted Thuja that is not upright but kind of flopped over, is it likely that it will straighten out with age and form a good leader?

• blue_yew
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ive no idea how to post photos I sent the photos
    for coniferjoy to post here should come soon.

• gardener365
    13 years ago

Euan sign up for Photobucket. It takes one minute. It's free. On the top line there you will see "My albums", click on that. A new screen will open. There you will see "Create new album". Click on that. >name your album.

Once your album is named. Open that album.

Now you will See in bold fonts: i.e. Euan's Conifers 2010 and to the right of that Title you will see another clickable link > "Album options" > click on that > click on "Upload photos and videos" ...> click on that.

From there, you will see a big GREEN box that says: "Select Photos and Videos" - this is a slow option that only uploads (1) photo at a time. I never use that...

Instead, under this big green box there's a link that says>
    "bulk uploader" > click on that instead. It will take a few moments for it to open up to all your folders on your computer/photo folders. From there, select the folder (left hand side) that has the photos you wish to upload and then, (one by one) click on these photos and they will "drop" below - you can click on as many photos as you want. When finished, simply select/click on the big blue box at the bottom right hand corner that says "Upload".

The uploading process will begin. When it is finished bringing your photos from your computer to Photobucket, you have the option to name each individual photo and then click on> "Save"

Now - your album has photos in it. Hover/move the mouse to a photo and you will see that (4) "lines" appear below each photo - these are strings of characters. The third one from the top is "HTML code" > click on that and on your screen you will see, "copied" > it's automatic............

Now come back to GW - this exact box I am typing in now and "right click your mouse" and select "Paste" - the HTML code will appear in this "Box". To be sure you selected the correct line of characters(HTML code) click on "Preview Message" as you would normally do to post a message on any thread............. if the photo shows up, you know you selected "HTML code" and you can continue to add photos - if wanted to these threads.

Here I selected "HTML code" for
    Abies concolor 'Gable's Weeping' from my scanned photos before I owned a digital camera -
    {{gwi:644253}}

Print this Euan. It's extremely simple. I've literally written the map for you. There's no reason anyone cannot do this.

------

shastensis, I've never heard of a Thuja that when produced from a seed or later as a cutting becoming upright if the ortet plant wasn't upright, also. Those will continue to grow sideways, or prostrate.

Let's give a shout out to Euan everyone. We're 'rooting' for you dude!

Dax

• coniferjoy
    13 years ago

I received the pic from Euan.
    Shall I wait so he can try to put his pic via photbucket on it's own...?

• blue_yew
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for that Dax my neighbour is coming over on
    Sunday so hopefully will be able to post some pics
    Sunday or Monday.

• blue_yew
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here is a photo of the plant.
    {{gwi:839561}}

• gardener365