Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One bed story - 2009-2012....

Posted by Ireena.7 5b-6a (irena@dskalns.com) on
Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 15:25

Winter has come. The second day of snow. It is pleasing to look at old photos and remember how the garden has started. And how it all changed ..... came out a series "Befor&After":)

2009 - my old garden is destroyed....
P1040637

Fall 2009 - my first new bed
P1050352

Winter 2010 - Huge snow
P1050560

Spring 2010 - was a big snow - now is flooding...
P1050719

Spring 2010
P1050759

Summer 2010
P1050810

Summer 2011
P1060576

P1060577

P1070036

2011 - Finally I have a lawn.
height="1024" alt="P1070038">

Summer 2012
P1070149

Autumn 2012
P1070376

Ireena

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One bed story - 2009-2012....

Very classy. It's really a work of art, Ireena.

Dax

o

• Posted by dcsteg 5 Shawnee, KS. (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 16:11

Ireena you have a special talent.

You have done a beautiful job.

Makes the rest of us look bad.

The flood...standing water that does not drain off properly or flood waters from a small stream or river?

Thanks for sharing your garden with us.

Dave

o

What a transformation. From mud which I can't believe that house stayed so clean in that first photo :) to a beautiful work of art.
Cher

o

Thank you all for your appreciation!:)

All of your gardens are beautiful! I admire all of you and learn from you.

I want to combine "2 in 1" - a collection of plants and beautiful garden design. And it is very difficult. Collections Garden hard to look stylistic beauty. I try to place my collection plants so that they create a good composition and color harmony. Not always succeed .... But I try ....

Dave - about flooding.
I live 3 miles from the sea and 500 m from the river. If the winter was severe and it was snowing a lot, then it is possible floods. The river then remains very wide and flowing across the road - from our garden. But I raised up ground level and now I am not afraid. My soil is sandy and drainage is good.

Ireena

o

Ireena,

Your gardens are beautiful. You really have done a nice job incorporating color and texture. I am so surprised you did not have more damage with all that water.

Nice job on putting together your gardens.

o

Very nice indeed Ireena

o

Ireena, the variety of colors and textures is a very pleasing display.
You have done a nice job arranging all of the plants in an artistic way.

-Sam

o

Ireena, thanks for sharing your history of your conifer hobby.
I see some changes in conifers in your 2nd and 6th photo.
Did the original one's in the back (Chamaecyapris lawsoniana 'Ellwood's White' and Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Teddy Bear') died because of your cold winter temperutures?

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (NW) (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 8:23

Hopefully you made those two young fellas lay all those pavers!

Fantastic job bringing that design from nothing to master piece!

o

Yes, Edwin, lawsonianas don't like my climate.... They remain so ugly that it makes no sense suffer ... I lost almost all of them. But obtusa is fine and big now, I replase it to another place. In my photo - near the big stones -

Ireena

o

A story with a beautiful end! I can see this grass shrinking by the year...

Best regards,
Fotis

o

Awesome series. I think, like Ken mentioned in another thread, your grass will be shortlived. Not because of any other reason than it takes up valuable conifer space! :)

It's great to see the transition, and the pavers are great. I think I may need to have at least one area with that effect - yours is exemplorary.

You have a similar style to my conifer gardens as well - squeeeeze 'em in there and move 'em when you HAVE to!

I hope you keep sharing shots and photos as things progress - it's obvious you're stricken with a strong case of coniferitus, a very good thing in my humble opinion.

-Will

o

congrats..

stupendous ... i am lacking any more superlatives ....

thx for taking the effort to post all the pix ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here