Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karolina11_gw

Size of Ginkgo biloba 'Snowcloud'

Karolina11
10 years ago

I am having trouble finding the eventual size of Ginkgo biloba 'Snowcloud.' Does anyone know or can take knowledgeable guess at the size? A ten year estimate would be fine.

Thank you in advance!

Comments (2)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

the link says: a delightful dwarf gingko tree with slow growth.

==>> hey .. i recall the days of buying state of the art conifers .... especially pre-WWW days ...

you buy.. on a whim and a dream ... lol ..

and i sum this up by saying.. buy something that makes your toes curl ... and cut it down in 10 years if it outgrows the space.. rather than buying something that fits ... and i bet this one will make your toes curl ... ...

all ginkgo.. in my z5 MI ... grow extremely slow ... i have the Variegata version .. in 13 years from a one gallon.. its barely 6 feet tall.. and whispy .... and with a few snips here or there ... i could have a nice little specimen at 4 feet ... but i dont.. weirder the better .. in my book ...

there is no ultimate size with trees and conifers.. they simply never stop growing .... at this link... review the annual growth rate info:

http://www.conifersociety.org/conifers/conifer-sizes/

putting that together .... along with the quote above from the link below .... the gurus are suggesting it will have a DWARF ANNUAL GROWTH ... which GUESSTIMATE... puts it in the 1 to 6 foot in 10 years category [link above] .... again.. subject to your pruning on it.. which is what trees are for ...

after about 2 years in the ground.. you will come to SEE this plants annual growth .. it should be.. by this time.. fully established.. and growing to its own ability .... and understand.. that white tissue is a total drain on a trees performance .... it produces no energy ... so one may presume.. it will have a slower growth rate.. than a green-leafed version .. also.. with white tissue... you would plant it in as much sun as you can give.. WITH SHADE IN THE HIGH HEAT OF THE DAY ... else wise white tissue burns in hot sun .... so try to shade from say.. 1 to 5pm ... if possible .... the alternative.. given no proper shade.. is to understand.. that every plant has its season.. and if a white leafed plant looks ratty by august.. who cares .... you had fun with it in spring and early summer ....

the bottom line... is MOST LIKELY ... that no one has grown this thing for 10 years ... and that is why you cant find the specific info you want .... and thats what makes it state of the art ...

if you want a truly stunning plant.. that nearly no one has.. this is the one for you ... GO FOR IT ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• outback63 Dennison
    10 years ago

Buchholz Nursery sells them.

Call and get the information you need.

Buchholz & Buchholz Nursery
    41840 SW Vandehey Rd.
    Gaston, OR 97119
    Phone: 503-985-3253
    Fax: 503-985-7177

Here is a link that might be useful: link