Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tunilla

Some pictures taken back in june

tunilla
11 years ago

Personally,I prefer to look at my pictures some time after they were taken,or,if you like,during the opposite season.
So, as promised,here are a few shots taken in june,just after planting a couple of Edwin's (Coniferjoy) plants.

Somewhere along the dirt-track...

'Filip's Golden Tears' ,just planted and firmly attached to some wooden trellis with 2 bamboo canes as the rootball was surprisingly small (it was field-dug apparently). Super plant!

Another Edwiner : Pinus virginiana 'Wates Golden'. This little tree is now (december) just beginning to show it's winter colour .Will try to show a picture when it is in it's full glory...

Same tree-different view.

Tools of the trade...

VW advert...(vintage)

A grouping of plants on a steep bank, including two Yuccas,a Pinus thunbergii 'Banshosho' in the left foreground,with a Cedrus deodara 'Golden Horizon' above it.
To the right of the flowering Yucca can be seen part of a Picea pungens 'Glauca Globosa' and just above that is Pinus strobus 'Fastigiata',struggling to become a decent plant...

Another trail in the garden, with Picea engelmannii 'Glauca' in the foreground and various smaller conifers behind it.The small tree growing above the rockery is a Canadian Redbud (Cercis canadensis).Very pretty when in flower in the spring...

This picture is taken looking downward -if that makes sense- towards a keeled-over black mulberry tree (Morus nigra).I planted a Tsuga canadensis 'Cole' (or Cole's Prostrate) between the dead remains of the trunk where it is growing quite happily in light shade .I have to keep an eye on that Ivy 'Green Lace' wich, although dwarf, is colonising rapidly the surroundings...

Another view of the 'trail',this time from above,where you can see the Purple Beech cv 'Purple Fountain'wich I mentioned in a previous post, stuck at a right angle...

Well,that's all for now folks;hope you enjoyed !
See Edwin,I take good care of those plants of yours...just have to be patient for pictures with me, I have soooo many things to do ,but thanks for reminding me anyway ! T.

Comments (10)

• severnside
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I just want to walk around your place with a bottle of wine in the summer sun, not be sitting here in blackest December. Thanks for giving me the dream...

It all looks fantastic. You've done it so the plants fit rather than stand out like aliens which in your situ might not look right.

• severnside
    11 years ago

Also the Tsuga looks great in the old truck, just like it self-seeded there.

• baxswoh
    11 years ago

Love the tools. Glad to see someone else using a pry bar and sledge hammer. Dirt is not always perfect for you either I take it.

• coniferjoy
    11 years ago

Tunilla, thanks for your nice pics.
    Man, you live in a very nice enviroment, so to see it's very rural.
    Your place would be a nice setting for a rock garden, all differences in hights are allready there!

It's good to see that your new additions are doing well at there new home.
    I guess we will see the golden needles pics of the Pinus virginiana 'Wate's Golden' next year in summer?... ;0)

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

Thanks, Tunilla. Always enjoy the tours of your collections.

tj

• bengz6westmd
    11 years ago

Hey, you can grow yuccas there like me.

Wates Golden is a fine pine (it's no dwarf -- mine's over 20' (7 m) tall after 9 seasons). It changes to yellow more slowly than some of the other yellow conifers, and reaches peak yellow here in mid-winter to early spring.

• tunilla
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the comments;

Yep ,Severn, dreaming is important; it makes us more creative,I think

Bax,those tools are indispensable over here (see next post)
    Funny thing about the pry-bar : I found it under a hedge in an old lady's front yard in London. It was left there by council workers who ripped-out her garden railings back in 1940 in an effort to reclaim steel for the war-effort !!!
    Thanks Edwin; yes very rural as you can see;I will try&post some more pictures as things evolve...
    Thanks TJ
    Yep Beng,I can grow SOME Yuccas,but definitely not all.I have lost a few due to wet winter conditions,rather than cold. I will post a picture of 'Wate's' when it's "peaking" !

• coniferjoy
    11 years ago

Tunilla, to wait for 'Wate's' isn't a problem for me... ;0)
    is it's weight still ok?

• coniferjoy
    11 years ago

Tunilla, if I remember well, you also obtained a Pinus sylvestris 'Albyn' from me.
    Do you also have a pic of that one for us?

• tunilla
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Edwin. 'Albyn' is still in it's pot. I have to finish tiling my kitchen first and do some more groundwork,so,it will be springtime before I will have it and others in place.
    Patience for "all beans" please... T.

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm