Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pinus mugo 'Dolly's Choice'

Posted by dcsteg 5b (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 4, 11 at 22:42

A New planting 9-21-2011. I came upon this one by chance.
You know ..you been there before. You round the corner and it just jumps out at you even though surrounded by 10-15 other cultivars. A gotta have and the impulse to buy was immediate.

One if the coolest small, conical-shaped dwarf mugos in my opinion..Little used but should be used more. Best planted in smaller areas or restricted areas of your garden that need some help. Tolerant of many soil types. Plant in well drained soils. Can tolerate some drought once established.

Dave

Pinus mugo 'Dolly's Choice',

<P>Foliage.

<P><a href=Pinus mugo 'Dolly's Choice' foliage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pinus mugo 'Dolly's Choice'

Great mugo! I particularly like taller-than-wider forms because they're much more unusual.

o

Indeed, I really dig that cultivar.
Dave, any chance of removing those cones and to a brown paper bag near a sunny window? You can shake the bag when the cones open and the seeds will dislodge.

Dax

o

Dax,

I will do it for you.

You want me to remove them now?

Dave

o

That's quite a nice tree you got there!!

o

Dave, I really like this one too. Looks like it is going to be a nice narrow looking pine. Good purchase.

o

I changed my mind. Thank you though Dave. (seeds are piling up here. maybe another year.)

Dax

o

hey dave.. nice!!!!

it doesnt seem like there are many xmas tree shaped mugo ...

am i mistaken on this ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here