Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deansfba

is sea magic fertilizer, magic?

deansfba
14 years ago

this product is sold by burpee and park's seed.see description below.

does anyone have any experience with it?

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

The Best Seaweed for ALL Your Plants!

Contains cytokinins and 17 amino acids to encourage stronger, lusher growth, more sugars production in fruiting crops, and increased blooms!

We've all been hearing great things about the uses of seaweed as a plant growth stimulant, and we've tested lots of products to find out how they really measure up. Well, far and away the best -- hands down, barring none -- is Sea Magic, a seaweed concentrate suitable for use on all your garden plants!

This dry seaweed is just amazing. It doesn't just encourage plants to grow -- it shoots them up, increasing root production and strength so that they not only gain in size and bloom, but develop a healthy root system to maintain that increased growth all season long! They grow greener, lusher, and more resistant to pests and diseases. In combination with an all-purpose fertilizer, Sea Magic is unparalleled!

Entirely organic, this seaweed concentrate works wonders on flowering ornamentals, foliage plants, houseplants, shrubs -- you name it, Sea Magic will help it! It is a seaweed called Ascophyllum nodosum, harvested from the cold, clean water of the northern Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of Canada. Unlike fish emulsion, it doesn't stink (let's be frank about that!), and it's great at preventing leaf decay and stimulating foliage production when sprayed directly onto the leaves. It hastens the absorption of nitrates, potassium, and calcium -- minerals plants need to flourish, and it actually makes them more drought-resistant. Very effective against Botrytis in strawberries and damping off in Tomatoes, it also superb on lawns and ornamental grasses.

Here are some specific results observed by Dr. T.L. Senn, a Clemson University seaweed expert:

Fruits and vegetables literally taste better, due to increased levels of BRIX (fruit sugar content)

Roses produced 23 percent more blooms, Carnations 13 percent more.

Vegetable and fruit crops are more prolific: 77 percent more apples, 47 percent more peppers, 24 percent more tomatoes

Insect damage is minimized -- 89 percent reduction in red mites, 77 percent reduction in leaf hoppers

Each 30-gram pouch produces 250 quarts of solution. It is a growth enhancer containing 17 key amino acids and cytokinins, which absorb into plant cells and increase their productivity and strength. Use it in conjunction with a fertilizer for best results. You just won't believe the power of this terrific seaweed

Comments (4)

• justaguy2
    14 years ago

Bought it, used it, never bought it again.

Science (actual testing under controlled conditions) tells us there are certain things all plants require such as water, air and nutrients. This isn't up for debate, it is well established fact.

Outside of the things we know plants to actually require is a wide world of things some plants may or may not benefit from.

It is in this arena that scam marketers attempt to profit.

If you do a google search on 'Dr. T.L. Senn' you will see that he is not at all shy about using his name and educational credentials to endorse anything and everything seaweed related as well as some unrelated stuff.

All seaweed products are 'the bomb' according to his endorsements. Nevermind that the science in this area is sorely lacking, he has all the facts and anyone can buy his endorsement ;)

Sorry, but I bought and used this product from either Johnny's or Burpee or somewhere else and saw absolutely nothing.

The endorser of this product appears to endorse anything he is 'motivated' to endorse.

Hold on tightly to your credit card :)

• engk916
    14 years ago

i used this product and had very good results, but my only other fertilizer experience was miracle gro. I noticed my butternut squash set a lot more fruit once I started using it, but that could just be a coincidence. If I recall, sea magic is $5 to make a gallon of concentrate (you use 1/2 cup per 2gals water each application) so worth a try if you're already ordering other items.

• jeremiah1
    14 years ago

anything that happens under the soil that i can see happen is indeed magical. seaweed products are good, won't burn plants like some chem. ferts. humics, fulvics,sugar, carbohydrates,enzymes, beneficial bacteria, silica, major/macro nutrientsetc...molasses all help as well. just depends on how crazy you want to go. learning is fun, growing food is fun but it all comes down to practical application.

maxicrop is reasonable, fertrell stuff, tons of reasonably priced effective fertilizers/additives out there.

KIS

• digdirt2
    14 years ago

tons of reasonably priced effective fertilizers/additives out there

And there is plenty of hype just like this out there too so buyer beware. It's the old "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" situation.

I agree with KIS, there are many good basic products available at reasonable prices that don't have all the marketing hype attached to them.

Dave