Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weekend Trivia: Sunday

Posted by cyn427 z7aN. VA (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 8:20

So, for today, some respite from having to think really hard (I never did figure out your question, Nancy).

Today, we are traveling. It is time for an adventure and this country offers plenty of that. Your first clue is that 5% of all known plant and animal species can be found here...and here alone.

Cynthia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weekend Trivia: Sunday

The answer is my garden.

There, that was easy.

TM

o

lol -TM. I am thinking of my kitchen sink, or another name for it....am I warm Cynthia?

Nancy. Who needs to go log in now!!

o

Hmmmm, somewhere tropical? Am I getting warm or cold.

Annette

o

Ha. I was planning to work in all the rain we had yesterday. The poor Kousa in our front yard was on an island yesterday! Then, come summer, the place is a desert. Sigh. When it is wet, our drainage is so awful that I feel as though I should take a snorkel along when I walk in the low areas. No reefs here though.

I bet any grandchildren out there could help with this one!

Cynthia

o

Now you've got me thinking tropical island but which one???

Annette

o

Would the grandchildren think of this because of a certain movie?

TM

o

Ohhhh TM, I think I know where you're going with that, you may have just nailed it. I'm going to ride in on your coattails :).
I read a book awhile back about this place, about the goings on on an indigo plantation. Apparently that stuff really smells bad.

Annette

o

This week in school, something about pirates came up and my kiddoes had no idea there really were (and still are) pirates. Too funny.

Sigh. I used my best clue too soon, it seems.

Cynthia

o

Oh, no grandchildren so I don't keep up with Disney movies. Pirates bring to mind the coast of Africa and the Tom Hanks movie but I didn't see that either.

It must be an island though for the unique species to evolve.

o

I think that I get this, and it has 3 versions, I think. Love those penquins.
At least I think that's where you're going. Don't call for help with your cable today - we are on the lines and it ain't pretty!! Lol

Nancy..

o

Bobbie, you are on the right track. Deserts, rain forests, pirate cemetery.

I think I need to practice my French on a daily basis. It is so useful in so many places.

Cynthia

o

Yes, and the capital has a really long name, or is that a close neighbour?

There, I made it though the first day!! omg, I think my neck is 2" shorter than it was this am!!

Nancy.

o

Here's another hint since all the clues I am thinking of are either stupid, absurd, or ridiculous or all three. It is the fourth largest islands on Earth.

Cynthia

o

Hmmmm, I can't tell if I am on the right track. The one I am thinking of is off the SE coast of Africa. (I had to look that up.)

TM

o

I hope this doesn't make anyone Mad, but tomorrow you will need to wait until I get home from school for your stars-GW is not an approved website at school, so no access. Have to stop on the way to put Gas in the Car. Heehee. Pathetic, isn't it?

Yes, TM, you are definitely on the right track.

Cynthia

o

So funny Cynthia - you are good at your clues!!!

Nancy.

o

Okey doke.

TM

o

Cyn you are a hoot, Madagascar is what I was thinking, TM's mention of the movie is what clenched it for me.

Annette

o

My response has disapeared. Cynthia's last clue confirmed my thought of Madagascar as well.

o

Yes, funny movies. The capital is Antananarivo - just try saying the once. I tried to do a ti kdt to there once - omg!! It was crazy. I'll never forget that.

Nancy

o

Woohoo! Stars all wrapped up for al of you!

Yes, Madagascar is the fourth largest island in the world and boasts 5% of the world's plant and animal species. Lots to do there. They have deserts, rain forests, beaches, and terrible roads. It would be a cool place to visit, I think, but as Nancy intimated, probably too expensive for me to get there. Once there, however, it should be relatively inexpensive. I am linking the Lonely Planet site that gives you all kinds of info if you do go to visit-Lonely Planet travel books are terrific.

Here is a link that might be useful: Madagascar

o

Oh and have a wonderful week all. Thanks for playing and always being such good sports!

Cynthia

o

Good question, Cynthia. I thought about submitting my answer in the form of a rebus, showing a mad person, gasoline, and a car, but I was too lazy to put it together.

Thanks for the brain stimulation.

TM

o

Love the raccoon photo and starry package. So, there have been three Madagascar Disney movies, how did I miss them all?

Thanks for the fun.

o

Those are lemurs, Bobbie! From Madagascar!

o

TM, that would have been great! Maybe we should come up with a lot of those for each other to solve!

Hmmm...

Cynthia

o

Of course those are lemurs, my bad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here