Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Weekend Trivia - Saturday

thinman
13 years ago

Good day, dear cottagers. I'm having an aggravating time with my snowblower. It picked up a rock Thursday and broke. I have a new part for it and worked on the blower most of Friday but I'm having an awful time getting it to go back together. And of course we're getting quite a bit of snow right now. Oh well, I'll figure it out eventually. No trivia hints are here, I'm just blowing off steam.

On to trivia. What would you be suffering from if you had a case of Pityriasis Capitis ? It's not fatal or serious, and it doesn't even hurt.

ThinMan

Comments (14)

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Snowy here, as well. Ah well, it is the great white North!!

Pityriasis Capitis. Huh. I believe that Capitis would indicate the top of something. Pity poor me with Riasis??!! Probably not!! Well, all day at work to think about it!!

Good luck with your repairs, TM. You'll get it!!

Nancy.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

TM, how vexing, I bet you'd like to give the thing a good kick but don't you'll hurt your foot. On the other hand I gave our coffeemaker a good slap the other day when it was acting up, it works fine now I think the thing is afraid of what I might do next LOL.

As to todays trivia, sounds like it might be some kind of skin condition, must think on it for a bit, I'll be back looking for clues.

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Ha Nancy, that was my thought! Funny. Maybe combining your and Annette's, a dope slap upside the head while feeling pity, but laughing at the same time (riasis reminds me of riant which means laughing). :)

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm extremely happy to say that I got my snow blower fixed. That's two hundred bucks and two days of my life that I'll never see again, but it's working now, and that's what counts. Now those big old flakes of snow can come drifting down again, if they must. Not that they were waiting for me.

Full disclosure: There just might be a trivia hint somewhere above.

TM

13 years ago

Hmmmm, I think I got it, big old flakes drifting down. If I'm right wearing black would be just plain stupid :).

Annette

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

Glad you got your snowblower working again. After filling the bird feeder I brushed snowflakes from my head and shoulders before coming in.

Got this one from all the clues.

• plantlady999
    13 years ago

I would like to now what those flakes are called that fall from ones ....? Anyway I'm going to head out for a walk.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Uh-ha - I would say that wearing black would be a definite no-no....."a hint somewhere above"??? Like in that post, or the first post??? lol. I'm going to say 'dandruff'.

Nancy.

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, it's the other flaky white stuff, not snow, but dandruff. It may have taken a good hint, but you all got it.

for Annette, Bobbie, Plantlady, and Nancy. Cynthia, we didn't here back from you. :-(

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

I know! I didn't get back-darn. The clues finally gave it to me, but I didn't see them until this morning. :(

I am loving your trivia as always, TM!

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good, Cynthia! And, of course I meant " hear back from you" I am starting to make those kinds of mistakes in my old age and I really don't like it!

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Didn't even notice-that's worse than making the mistake in the first place!

13 years ago

TM just move on over and make room for me, remember the time I asked Martha to "bare" with me LOL. She came back with something like, I don't think I know you well enough to do that.

Annette

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I do remember that. It was hilarious. Oh well, as long as our mistakes are entertaining for someone, that's the best we can probably hope for.

TM

Sponsored