Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Weekend Trivia - Saturday

thinman
13 years ago

Did you hear that International Falls, Minnesota had a temp of -46 F yesterday? It was their coldest temperature in 100 years. We are no International Falls, but it has been chilly here - single digits, but at least they're not negative. We are really looking forward to a week down south in February.

I have hot cereal cooking on the stove this morning, and just enough time to finish your trivia question for the day. What US business has the most employees (62,000) working at a single site? There are bigger businesses, but not at just one site.

ThinMan

Comments (13)

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Well, sunny and -20C here. Brisk walk to work is coming up!! I thought you were going ask when Celsius and Fahrenheit cross over, but I was wrong!!

Most employees, in one place...well, I was going to say Walmart, till you said one place. Now I am thinking it must be military, but can't quite get where...then again, hot cereal, no time - maybe Quaker??

I'll be back tonight. Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Good morning all! I am trying to avoid going out in the cold. I am a wuss(+20 degrees-feels like 11) compared to all you living up north!

Anyway, I know the Pentagon (only a few minutes from here) is the world's largest office building, but I am pretty sure there are fewer than half the number of employees you are looking for in your question. I like Nancy's idea of Quaker just going by your clues. I'll check back as the day goes on to see what others think! :)

Cynthia

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

To give you another tree to bark up, I should tell you that the clue was not in the hot cereal sentence.

TM

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

The light bulb has still not come on, not even a flicker :(.

Annette

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Personally, I think this company would be a goofy place to work, but 62,000 employees apparently think it's OK.

Time to make a pizza run. I'll check back later.

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

HA! Thanks! Think I have it now. Was your clue that you are heading south soon? Sun and fun? Planning a wild and crazy ride? Leaving all that lovely White Snow behind? Of course, if I am wrong, that all will seem quite ridiculous.

13 years ago

Am I thinking the same as you Cyn, this place crossed my mind earlier but I nixed it. A fun place where one could run into all kinds of characters.

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

I think we have the same place in mind. I went through Microsoft and IBM in my head, but TM's last clue gave it to me.

Should I mention that I am feeling a bit like Cinderella without her fairy godmother after all the cleaning today?

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Well, it doesn't sound Goofy to me, at all. Ya know TM, they deliver pizza poolside at the family resorts!! The magic pumpkin popped by and saved me the walk to and from work!! Yea.

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Happiest Place on Earth.

:) I suspect none of us have completely grown up!

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It may have taken a hint and directions to the hint, but you all got it! It's Disney World, all right.

for Cynthia, Annette, and Nancy.

DW and I are going to Florida in three weeks, though not to Disney. We will be on Sanibel Island, just off Ft. Myers in SW Florida. The only goofy thing there will probably be me trying to catch a fish or two.

Good job ladies.

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Lucky you! My cousin lives on Sanibel, but I've never made it down there.

Thanks for the stars.

13 years ago

I totally missed you're goofy hint, scrolled down too fast I guess, it was Cyn's white snow that brought me back to the first thoughts I had on what it might be.

Annette

Sponsored