Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

thinman
13 years ago

Crikey, Mates, it's cold here this morning. -12 F (-24 C). At a nearby airport it's -28 F (-33 C). Brrrrrrr. I hope you're warmer.

Speaking of Disney World, you probably know that Walt Disney wanted a nice clean family atmosphere and didn't want to sell any alcoholic beverages there. I don't know when the policy changed, but you can buy beer and wine there now, though not in the Magic Kingdom part.

There is one flavorful product that you can't buy there, although anyone of any age can buy it virtually anywhere there are stores. Can you guess what it is?

ThinMan

Comments (12)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

hmm, thinking and whistling while I work to get ready for the playoffs today! Go Packers!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Hmmmm, one product came to mind immediately, selling this stuff would soon become a very sticky situation. Although not selling it themselves I bet they still have a problem with it.

TM, stay warm and toasty, just reading about the temps you're having is making me shiver. It's pretty blah here but at least it's not freezing cold.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

-23C here - that's cold enough for me. It's "warming up" later in the week. I do know this one!! And yes, they do still have a sticky situation - it gums up the street cleaners!!!

Nancy.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I can't think what it could be.

Cold here,too. -1 yesterday morning, 7 this morning. Right now I believe it's 17 degrees, but the sun is shining brightly.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Chewing gum? Thanks, Nancy
    Yea Packers (although they'd better play better in the Super Bowl if they want to win)!

• frogview00
    13 years ago

I had an outside water pipe break today. To cold for too long!

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, chewing gum. What is it about some gum chewers that makes them think that sticking it under a table is a good idea? Yuck. Kind of like some smokers and their butts. The world is their ashtray.

Anyway, for Annette and Nancy.

Sorry about your pipe Jim. Up here our outside pipes are either drained or buried five feet deep. Some pipes still break in older houses, though. We were renting a basement apartment for a while and a pipe in the ceiling froze and broke one winter. Quite a mess.

Thanks for playing trivia this weekend, my friends.

TM

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Thanks for the stars TM, when I read the question gum was the first thing that came to mind. Why gum chewers have to dispose of their gum by either sticking it under things or spitting it on the pavement is beyond me. It's so easy to keep and use the wrapper, pop in a pocket until you can dispose of it properly.

One of our previous mayors came up with the idea of colored sidewalks, you think gum looks gross on plain concrete, it looks even worse on colored ones.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

lol, Annette. We had the head of the National Capital Commission here put forward the idea of creating a ceremonial way, paved in red thank you very much, from the Drill Hall to Parliament Hill. This the route for the trooping of the Guard. Let's just say that due to climate, she was nixed!! I too had a pipe on an outside wall freeze in an apartment many years ago - very frustrating, but since it was the kitchen tap it was caught before it broke. Plumber told me after it thawed to let water drip though it when it got real cold. Never froze again.

TM, I think Cyn deserves stars!!

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Hey, Nancy, thanks. No worries, though, I am thinking he must not be a Packers fan-lol.

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

How did I miss that?!? Cynthia, you absolutely had the answer and I just overlooked it when I was handing out stars. Sorry, kiddo.

for you.

Nancy, thanks for pointing that out. You all have to keep me honest here.

As far as the Packers go, I like 'em, though I did watch them more often when Favre was in his prime. Heaven knows there's no joy in being a Lions fan.

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Thanks, TM. Hmmm....can't remember the last time they broadcast a Lions game here in the DC area. Now, I will start paying attention to them-just to give those poor fellas some east coast support! Detroit really hasn't had it easy for a long while. :(

Sponsored