Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Trivia: Sunday

Good morning everyone! Okay, I am still obsessing over getting away from the cold. The lead article in the Washington Post Travel section was on Rio! So not fair to those of us who are stuck in Siberia. Yes, I know, I need to quit complaining because compared to most of you, we actually have it pretty good here with temps in the 30s.

I will move on from this, but I really do long for the days when I do not need to bundle up!

Nancy has been having computer issues since yesterday morning. :( She sent me her trivia-here is her question for the day:

"So, everyone may have heard of the PIIGS - countries in Europe whose economies have tanked: Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Spain. but what about the BRICs?? Who and what are they??"

What a great question. Wish it were moine. If we are lucky, Nancy will have fixed the computer problems and she will chime in. If not, you are stuck with me for another day.

Cynthia

Comments (14)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

I thought I was late to the game :). As to today's trivia, I'm guessing BRICs are countries with thriving economies but as to which ones ??????? I'm thinking China is one.

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yep, quiet day. Maybe everyone is meditating on the question. They should be following your lead, Annette.

Hope Nancy knows she is missed.

Cynthia

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Just checked in and I need to meditate on the question. Following Annette's lead I will add Brazil to China. R, maybe Russia, need to think about that for awhile. I ?

12 years ago

Lightbulb just came on, Rio/Brazil, Siberia/Russia so I'll add those to my list :).

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Haha-I thought those were pretty good clues-glad they worked!! And they were true. Meditate might give you the last.

Cynthia

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

While reading the paper I noticed that a local company has opened an office in I....which must be the last one. Can't believe that I didn't think of it first. There was a TV comedy about a customer phone answering service center in that country which I watched a few times (last year I think?).

I'd like to say I caught the Rio and Siberia clues but I missed them. I looked closely again and didn't find a clue for I. Sometimes I'm just dense or maybe anoesis/clueless (even when the clues are there). Good question, Nancy, and good clues, Cynthia.

12 years ago

Hmmmmmm, meditate, India?

Annette

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Ha, ha, I missed all the clues today. I must need more sleep. Good think Annette is on the ball.
    BRIC Brazil, Russia, India, and Chna

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Won't wait to award you two your stars!
    **** for Annette and Bobbie.

Wish more people had checked in for Nancy's good question, but you both nailed it! I thought it was really interesting and had not heard either term before. Now, just have to figure out how to work it into a conversation in a casual way to make me look positively brilliant-ha. ;)

I know Nancy would have given you much prettier stars and perhaps she will tomorrow if she has access to a computer.

Here is her answer:
    "They actually are Brazil, Russia, India and China. These are countries that, despite world economic chaos, are actually growing their economies. They have growing middle-classes."

Have a wonderful week!
    Cynthia

• thinman
    12 years ago

It was a very good question. I read it, decided to think a bit, and before I knew it the day was about done. Maybe next week, huh?

TM

12 years ago

Just lucky guesses on my part, never heard the term before. Thanks for another fun weekend guys.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Just wanted you all to know that I am back in the on-line world!! What a thing. It is funny that what the problem was thought to be initially, is what it ended up being - the power unit. The 1st one installed was faulty. Well, I got a lot of work done on my crafts!! lol. Thanks to Cyn for taking my question and adding such great clues. And thanks to all for playing. Now, if I could just remember my Outlook Express password.....

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, don't you HATE that? I keep having to change my gmail password. So irritating. I know we aren't supposed to, but I have made a list of all my different passwords for my many accounts. Thinking I should just use the same one for everything.

Glad you are back!

Cynthia

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

lol. I try to use the same ones over, but for some reason, Outlook is resisting me~~more thought needed. Anyone have any clues!!!????

Nancy.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor