Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia : Sunday

Good morning everyone. Sorry to be so late. I seem to have trouble getting going in the mornings these days-too many days off from school! We were off last week every day except Friday and had a two-hour delay then. It was heaven.

This past week saw lots of anniversaries. Two significant ones to us Baby Boomers occurred on Friday. January 24th was John Belushi's birthday-would have been his 65th. I considered trying to get you to guess who by giving you clues about all the little known parts he played as well as those he was offered or planned to play.

Instead, I am going with the other anniversary. 30 years ago, it changed the world according to many. I personally can attest to its usefulness in my life. It led to many other inventions that we all enjoy today.

I will be back with clues, if you need them. I hope this is not too obvious or easy for you!

Cynthia

Comments (13)

• thinman
    10 years ago

So, 1984. I think I know this one.

TM

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Hmmm...I think I don't know this one!!! lol.

Nancy.

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

I also think I know this one. We use ours many times a day and are looking to buy a new one as we can not get it repaired. I hate this planned obsolescence.

Along with many others we made a resolution to eat better this year. Will go to the grocery today to pick up more fruit and veggies. What I miss most is my Pepsie. Don't drink tea or coffee. Hot chocolate and water only go so far. I am going to try fruit infused water. Just have to figure out how much fruit to put in a glass.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I hear you Bobbie. I am trying to eat more healthily (is that a word?). So far today, I have had three cups of tea, one egg, rosemary bread toast, and an apple. Yesterday, I polished off the blueberries. Of course, I have also had the odd m&m. Baby steps.

Nancy, are you connected today? Guessing you are tied to your computer with work, so we will see you intermittantly. I will keep adding clues for your next break.

Cynthia

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    10 years ago

I think I see a couple of clues in the above, the light bulb is blinking in my head, if I'm right I'm using one as I type this :).
    Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Ahh, I just checked in before heading into my work system. I do believe I have it now. A wired world, to be sure!!

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ha. Too easy for all of you smarties!
    So, as I am sitting here instead of cleaning as I really should be doing, I am watching American Masters. The subject is JD Salinger. Fascinating. The fourth anniversary of his death is tomorrow. That would have been an amazing trivia question---whose writing prompted three murders? Who was the author who carried the first six chapters of his signature work with him on D-Day? Whose most famous book was rejected by The New Yorker which felt one family with four such extraordinary and talented children was implausible? Who is due to have his final works released in installment beginning next year? Will they be master works? I am betting they will be. He has completed the history of the Glass and Caulfield families apparently.

There were so many interesting tidbits. I think it is time to re-read Catcher in the Rye before the new works come out. I should also re-read Franny and Zooey. I remember liking it, but not much else.

Cynthia

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

I watched the Salinger documentary last night so would have known the answer to all your clues. Also watched the William Burroughs one afterwards. It amazed me that people would show up at his home to ask him about how to figure out their lives. He was not a social worker or physchologist and had a very disfunctional family life himself.

Burroughs also was estranged from his children and killed his wife during a drunken attempt to restage William Tell's apple stunt with a gun. He still felt he should have a gun with him at all times even though he abused drugs and alcohol.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I thought it was interesting, in a weird way, that Salinger carried an axe in his bag in case he got stuck in an elevator and had to chop his way out.

Fascinating about Burroughs. Never heard that about killing his wife. Stranger and stranger.

Cynthia

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Yes, the axe was just another of his oddities. I do not remembered if he had been trapped in an elevator at one time and he saw it as a practicality. I have had Catcher in the Rye on my reread list for awhile. That book did not speak to me as it did for so many and I am wondering what I missed. Have not read Fanny and Zooey and have added it to my books to read list.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

May as well bestow your stars. Yes, the Mac computer from Apple celebrated its 30 birthday on January 24th. Amazing to think of all the advances since then-I love my iPhone, use my iPod every day at school to play my musical signals for the kids, and, of course, this IPad is my go-to for GW, Email, FB, etc. now that Chuck is usually on the Macbook.

Thanks for playing despite the weak question! Have a great week.

Cynthia

• thinman
    10 years ago

You sure do come up with very cool stars for us. I can't believe you found stars in apples for the question on Apple Macs. Very clever, Cynthia.

Thanks for the fun as always.

TM

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Ditto what TM said. Thanks for the fun.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations