Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Tea this Thursday...sunny or snowing?

lavender_lass
13 years ago

Tomorrow is tea and I'm not sure if it's going to be sunny or snowing. When it's sunny, I am so in the mood to get out and garden (although it's much too wet and cold) but when it's snowing...I just want to curl up with a book and a cup of tea :)

So, have a great day tomorrow and hope to see you at 4pm ET for tea!

Comments (9)

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It's snowing! So, Earl Grey tea and cinnamon muffins this afternoon. It's so pretty, with the big flakes...maybe I'll get my book, too :)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

I'm feeling peely wally today, came down with a sore throat and sniffy nose so it'll be a cup of anything hot. It's snuggle up in a warm blankie and an old movie for me this afternoon, hmmmm, there's still a cranberry muffin left, my throat's not that sore :).

Annette

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Annette- I hope you're not getting sick. It's sounds like a good day to snuggle up and keep warm. I'm glad you still have a cranberry muffin :)

What old movies do you like? On a day like this, I think I'd like a romantic mystery, from the 40s....maybe Laura or Love Letters...two of my favorites.

Hope you feel better, soon!

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I didn't get home from town until 3pm, after preparing and eating supper it was nearly 5pm; so figured it was a bit late for tea. Although I did have tea yesterday and a big sweet roll to go with it. The snow is really coming down here, too. The streets in town were slippery, and the county roads were getting that way except a truck did spread some cinders. I was glad to be home.

Take care Annette. A warm blankey and some tea sound just right.

Today I found "Edwardian Farm" on Utube! It's another UK series about the same group of people who did "The Victorian Farm" and "Tales From Green Valley". This time they are bringing a farm from the early 1900s back to life. I've been waiting to purchase the DVD set which won't be available until Feb.sometime; when I went to check on that for sure, I found the series on Utube. So I couldn't resist watching.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse- The Edwardian Farm sounds interesting! That's my farm's age...I think :)

1904 was when the farmhouse was first built, but there was an earlier farmhouse on the other end of the property, probably from 1880s or so. It's almost completely fallen down, now.

Glad you got home okay. Snow is so much more fun to watch, when you don't have to drive in it!

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

The time is 8:22pm, and it's really snowing now. I just came in awhile ago from walking the dog and the road out front is getting deep. Not sure why the snowplows haven't gone through yet, but I guess they figure it doesn't do much good if the snow is just going to keep falling so rapidly. Had cousins out and about with their daughter at some school sporting event, all got home safely a half hour ago I was told.

Lass, the Edwardian Farm series is pretty good. I'm up to Episode 5, I thought they said there would be 12 but I'm not sure. I'm always drawn to the kitchens of the cottages and all the baking and preparing, also the big estate houses too. Maybe I was a cook or kitchen help in a past life!

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I had tea today at 4pm., have been sitting at this computer monitor since noon watching "Edwardian Farm". Oh my aching butt! Save for doggie bathroom breaks and a couple myself, this is all I've done all day. The cookies on the tray are not helping my waist line at this rate that's for sure.

Not until later did I notice what Ruth, Peter and Alan(?) were doing in this scene; so we essentially sat down to tea together!

{{gwi:595791}}

• User
    13 years ago

Hi, you all. I'm new here, being informed of Teatime by my buddy, LavenderLass who also frequents the Smaller Homes forum.

She tells me that you all have teatime weekly, and some of you may be soon creating your own variety of Teahouse. This past week, we began creating what I call my teahouse out of a derelict cement block garage. The contractor arrived and the process is begun. I am very happy with it.

Ever since I was in college at Montevallo AL back in the late 1950s, my friends and I gathered at the campus Teahouse. So I've had one such (pretty beaten up) Teahouse at my little MoccasinLanding cottage on the bayou. Ever since I sold that home, I've wanted another such place. And now DH is agreeable to letting me turn this 20 x 24 old garage into MY TEAHOUSE. I consider it a work in progress even after the contractor fixes the walls, pours a thicker slab, and adds a new roof structure half Lexan and half standing seam metal. Along with a half loft accessed by a wrought iron spiral stair. It won't all be pretty in the beginning, because we have to use it as our storage to remodel the kitchen and store all furniture while the floors of the entire stucco cottage are redone. And then we will have to store the contents of DH's cape after we sell it. I'm hoping we can find homes for most of those things. Because I know what a great thing it is to have a space of my very own, with room for my tropical plants, two flying parrots, painting on canvas and wood, maybe sewing, and definitely hosting our weekly GIRLS NIGHT OUT gatherings.
    That happens on Thursday nights. Apparently your thinking is similar to ours, more folks are uncommitted on Thursdays?

Well, I sure do love the mousepad shown in the photo uploaded by Schoolhouse. I'm all out of ginger ale, and am
    making some green tea to sip while I meditate about the garden. We are going out to dinner with a younger couple tonight. I expect them to have news for us....perhaps they will be soon getting married? Lovely news to hear.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Hello and welcome. I recognize your name. Your tea house will be the envy of us all! Congrats on making your wish come true and you know we will want photos. Looking forward to your company. Enjoy your night out tonight.

P.S. I found the mouse pad at Staples one time, it was pricey but I had to have it. In fact a friend who was with me said "That is definitely you". ha.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!