Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

thinman
13 years ago

Speaking of Procter and Gamble, do you remember their old logo that, in the 1980s was rumored to be satanic?

They replaced it with this plain-Jane:

Your trivia question for today is to identify the logos of five major US brand names.

Comments (20)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Cool logo for P&G. WOuldn't have remembered it if you hadn't shown it to us. Too bad they got rid of it-much more interesting than the initials.

So, for today...I know #1 and #5 for sure. Have an idea for #4 (will think while I am getting dressed), DH says he has seen the R in the circle logo, but can't come up with it. #2 is one I think I should know, but have no idea and will wait for clues. Will also ask the kids when they come over for brunch. :)

Cynthia

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Oh dear, I have to go outside to check but I'm sure I know #5 and DH thinks he knows #1, hope some clues are in the works :).

Annette

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

There is one that isn't exactly a US company, though they certainly have offices and factories here.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

I am stuck on #2. Maybe it will come to me if I go for a walk. I thought #3 was going out of business - it has changed it's name in Canada.

Nancy.

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

I don't know any of these though #2 looks familiar.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Yes, I just figured #2 out. Not sure how to do clues......

1. I've watched and listened.
    2. I've eaten.
    3. Great for small parts(this one may be lame)
    4. I've worn.
    5. I've seen go by at incredible speed. lol.

Nancy.

• dawiff
    13 years ago

I've got four of these, still stumped on #2. I know #5 is not a US company, because I have one in my garage. One of our first computers came from #3.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Dawiff, #2 is something you might cook with, although most of us would just have in an ready-made product.

Nancy.

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

DH knew all but #2, even without the clues. I will think more on #2.

13 years ago

Hmmmmmm, I'm still in the dark but in case I don't get back here...
    #1 Motorola
    #5 Toyota

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Annette, you're right about those two. I haven't worn #4, but he was popular when DS was a teen and young 20s.

DS did know them all (he is such a sweetie). I agree with Nancy (she is such a smartie).

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

No stars for me today as I still can't remember #2.

Annette, #3 clue was a good one as that is what I remember about that place in the 80s and 90s when DS needed those small parts.

13 years ago

Thanks guys, I think I know what #3 is now, it's now called The Source in my neck of the woods :). #2 and #4, I'm still drawing a blank.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Annette, if you're still up:

#2 would be on a pack of gum.
    #4 is actually on my purse, not the symbol, but the full name. Sometimes he just puts his first name on things, like the deaf, dumb and blind kid.

Nancy.

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok, let's see... who knew what? Nancy listed all five, and Cynthia got there too, so they get .
    The rest is complicated ... let's just say for everyone else.

Thanks for playing trivia, my friends. Same time next weekend?

TM

13 years ago

Thanks for the stars TM but I still don't know what #2 and #4 are :(. Thanks for another fun weekend.

Annette

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry, Annette and others.

They are

Motorola
    Nutrasweet
    Radio Shack
    Tommy Hilfiger
    Toyota

13 years ago

Well I think I did pretty good getting what I did, never used nutrasweet or anything with it in as far as I know and, Tommy Hilfiger, never heard of him/it whatever he/it may be.
    Looking forward to next weekend :).

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Thanks TM - good mental stretch.

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Have to share my stars with DS-wouldn't have gotten Nutrasweet or Radio Shack without him!

Thanks for a fun weekend, TM!