Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Thursday Tea

lavender_lass
13 years ago

Today is Thursday, it's cold and there's a dusting of snow on everything. Hard to believe, St. Patrick's Day is only four weeks away. So...four weeks until it really starts to feel like spring.

I think I'll spend my 'tea time' looking through my seeds packets and making sure I'm all ready for spring planting. What are you doing this afternoon? Enjoy your tea! :)

Comments (4)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I escaped the house while the guys are here finishing up the kitchen and pantry, I was getting claustrophobic walking and sitting amid all the cupboards and tables dragged out of the kitchen and deposited in other rooms. No stove to put the kettle on, microwaved water for tea just doesn't taste the same. :(

My aunt invited me along grocery shopping, then to lunch. We lingered a long while until I suddenly remembered I had bought ice cream and it surely must be melting by now! So we quickly paid the tab and scooted home.

They were still here working when I returned two hours ago, now I think I hear them beginning to gather up tools. One of them even fixed the dimmer on the chandelier in the library for me! Now I can lower the lamps in both top tier and bottom like I used to before lightning from a storm zapped the switch what seems like ages ago.

Unlike you, Lass we enjoyed a balmy day of 59 degrees. No snow - yet, temps will begin dropping again the weather man says. I saw the greenish yellow tips of some daffodils pushing up out of the cold ground down in the orchard this morning. Haven't bought any seeds yet, been browsing the racks though. My new issue of Victoria magazine was waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home, so I enjoyed reading through that while the workmen hammered and sawed away.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

I'm sitting enjoying a cup of tea and nibbling on the last of the store bought cranberry cookies and yes I did share them with DH. We had big fat wet snowflakes coming down this morning but then the sun came out and they're all gone:). We thought we were in for another dump so we headed off early to stock up on groceries. It looks like there's more snow in the forecast, I'm hoping it doesn't stick around either.

Schoolhouse, Our winter jasmine is in full bloom I've got hellebore in bud, snowdrops and crocus blooming but no signs of color on the few dwarf daffodils I have yet. Are your workmen finished now? Remodeling gets everything topsy turvy but it's sooooo nice when things return to normal, you'll have to let us know how it all turned out.

LL, have you got all your seeds sorted and your garden planned? I've done that a couple of times already but I keep changing my mind LOL.

Time to finish my second cupa and head for kitchen, it's swiss steak for supper tonight, I shouldn't but, maybe an apple turnover with a scoop of ice cream later :).

Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

The guys are 99% done, they had to run out to get more caulking - it's already 7pm - I started to sweep up and the one guy said, "We'll do that - part of the job". I said, "I'm tired of sitting around watching others work, I gotta do something besides, it's getting late". He said, "That's part of the job too!". ha But as soon as they left, I swept up, most of the big stuff anyhow. (I do every night after they leave anyway!)

Now for the big cleanup, sweep and sweep some more, mop two probably three times to get the drywall dust up. I was hoping we wouldn't get into drywall, but they had to cut into it for the wiring. Then - prime and paint.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Today my tea was a ladies brew I've been drinking because of some health issues. I nibbled on the cake I made for hubbies birthday, the one that didn't turn out so good..so I could save the one that turned out great for him, then my Mom called.
    It was beautiful here today very warm. Spring has done it's early springing on us. Suddenly it's here -typical of Georgia. It might hide next week, or the week after, but it's here right now. The crocus are just finishing and the daffs are ready to burst. My neighbors gorgeous spicey unusual cherry tree is blooming, and the nude jasmine are a shocking yellow.

Sponsored