Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Thursday tea in a blizzard

lavender_lass
13 years ago

Typical crazy February weather in eastern Washington! We've had 8 inches of snow overnight and blizzard conditions until at least noon. So...definitely tea inside today, finalizing some changes planned for the kitchen garden.

I think Earl Grey with cinnamon muffins would be perfect for today. I almost think cocoa would be better, so I may have both :)

How's your Thursday? Are you getting snow today? Any special treats planned to go with your tea?

Take care and have a lovely Thursday!

Comments (5)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Southern Vancouver Island had quite a bit of snow yesterday. Schools were closed, Lots of cars in ditches even buses, a good day to stay home. The roads are clear now, at least in our neck of the woods and the sun is trying to peek out from a very cloudy sky.

Today at three I think I'll have a cup of irish breakfast and a slice, maybe two :) of toasted weekend bread, yep, I think that will hit the spot quite nicely.

The lettuce, and collards I winter sowed are up and the tomatoes under lights in the basement are looking good. Doing a germination test on some bean seed I plan on taking to our local seedy sunday in march, so far so good.

Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I'm not doing much today except waiting for the rain and freezing sleet to come in later, then snow overnight and into tomorrow. The forecast keeps changing, however, so not sure how much actual accumulation we'll be getting.

Should be doing a bit of dusting and cleaning, the house is in a jumble with everything from the kitchen sitting in other rooms, all of it covered with dust no matter how many times I get to it. Floors are covered with who knows what at this point besides kitty and doggie muddy foot prints. Drives me mad to be closed in so!

I will definitely be putting the kettle on soon, fixing Prince of Wales tea I think (if I can find the tea tins and the teapot!); some toast for me too with some cinnamon sugar sprinkled on. Then sit down with my book and enjoy some quiet time.

Lass - that's alot of snow! Hope we no more blizzard condition days, but I wouldn't bet on it. I need to buy a tin of Earl Grey, only have some bags and I'm sure they are pretty stale by now.

"Seedy Sunday in March", not sure what it is, but sounds fun. A seed exchange?

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse, seedy saturdays and sundays are held in different places all across Canada for the next few months. I went to my first one last year shortly after I joined Seeds of Diversity. Seed exchanges, venders, workshops, I had a great time meeting gardeners like myself interested in preserving heirloom varieties. Here's a link of what's happening in the next few months across Canada.

Annette

Here is a link that might be useful: Seedy Saturdays and Sundays

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

That sounds so interesting, I wish something like that could be started around here. I might mention it to the people who own my favorite nursery, they may be into it! Thanks.

Hey, we got the blizzard this morning. It's snowin' and blowin' as I type, had to take my little dog out earlier to do her business. There was no place to walk except the road, and it wasn't even cleared yet. Only one set of car tracks.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Remember when the end of February was muddy and a lot more like early March? :)

Seedy Sunday sounds like a great idea! I wish they had something like that around here, too. Good luck getting one started, Schoolhouse.

Sponsored