Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

For LL and the Tea Lovers ;-)

Hey! I came acoss this lovely blog today while looking up info on a rose. Knowing how much my Cottage Garden peeps over here like tea I thought you may enjoy it. You guys may already know about it though! Not sure ;-)

Anyway, it has some great pictures of tea settings, parties, roses, gardens etc: Aiken House & Gardens Blog

CMK

Comments (8)

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

CMK- That's beautiful! Thank you for thinking of us...and you should join us for tea...or any beverage you choose, after that link :)

I love all the pinks, greens, yellows, lavender in the garden...it looks so much like spring! Another month and the daffodils should be poking up...they probably already are in your area.

Thanks again and stop by next Thursday...for Valentine's tea!

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I spent a long time at the site last night. Thanks for sharing.

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Glad you guys enjoyed it ;-)

Actually, there ARE some bulbs showing out in the front (a little warmer there than backyard)! And I think one of the peonies has a few eyes poking up too. What time do you think your bulbs will start to come up in your zone? I sure hope we don't have anymore snow...I am getting used to all this nice sunshine!
    CMK

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

CMK- I doubt we'll see anything popping up for at least another three or four weeks. It's just too cold, in fact, it's snowing right now and has been all afternoon. I'm kind of glad, since we're supposed to get more cold weather (and we're about 10-15 degrees colder out here) so I've been a little worried about my lavender.

So...you said you were looking up info on a rose. Are you thinking of getting another rose for your garden? I think that's a wonderful idea, of course :)

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It was snowing here yesterday too, but looks like it all melted this morning!

Hope your lavenders pull through. Are they all Hidcotes? If you do a scratch test (scratch the older wood with your fingernail) and see green you will know they are still living. Last year, when I moved my big lavender plant, I took a couple of cuttings just in case. I was surprised how well they did, considering these were my first attempts at propagation from cuttings and working with rooting hormone. Maybe you could try some too? In case one of your plants ever ends up dying out you would have a nice replacement. ;-)

Lol! Not sure there is any more room for roses! In fact, I was looking up how big 'The Dark Lady' rose I have is going to get. Poor thing, I may have to move it again if it outgrows its space (should have thought of this before, I know!). Crossing my fingers that it will stay the 3-4ft around and not get too much bigger!
    CMK

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Those photos are so beautiful. I have always wondered how anyone (especially someone who gardens) can have a white interior. It amazes me how beautiful and clean everything looks.
    Seems like I just look sideways and there is 2" of cat hair and a sprinkling of red clay dust over everything....

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

GGG, you and I seem to be on the same wave length, those photos are really lovely. I can visualize an elegant lady in a flowing organza dress, donned in white gloves and wearing a wide brimmed hat, carrying a basket of long stem roses she's just cut from the garden.
    Haven't got red clay here but the color of our dirt was given serious consideration when choosing the color of our floor tiles a couple of years ago and, talk about cat hair... we were expecting company yesterday, all I can say is the birds looking for nesting material are going to think they found a glory hole :)

Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Whew, glad I'm in good gardener company on this one. Sometimes I think people in the magazines must have hired help following them around with a mop and broom.

But I still like to look.

Sponsored