Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Should we have a Valentine's Tea on Thursday?

lavender_lass
13 years ago

So, do you all think we should have a Valentine's Tea on Thursday, February 10th, between 4pm and 7pm ET? If some people want to come earlier or later, that's fine, but we can try to be here around that time.

Should we invite the Discussion side for tea? Maybe see if we can get more people to join us, now that spring is a month or so away? :)

Comments (9)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Sounds fine to me.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse- That's adorable!

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    13 years ago

Oh boo I'll be working, so I just wanted to say happy valentines day! It is one of my fav days , that reminds me how lucky we are to love and be loved.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lilyfinch- That's a very nice way of summing up Valentine's Day!

Stop by after work...and bring your tea or hot chocolate. I think this is one day, where chocolate is VERY appropriate :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I'm having a non-tea afternoon too! Just now fixing lunch, so it will be my supper also.

The kitchen remodel is getting under way, and I'm already stressing out. The guys asked me to move everything out of the kitchen by tomorrow so they can bring in materials. I have tables and standing cupboards in there, but I got them out, slid them down the hallway and deposited them in the bedroom and some in the livingroom. Oh, and I had to remove and wrap alot cups/saucers and dishes first just to make sure there were no mishaps. The only pieces I will need them to help me move out are the big cherry cupboard in the pantry and the fridge.

What dirty, dust bunny messes I found behind them! I couldn't stand for the guys to see that, so I swept and swept. Because of the cost of the beadboard for the wall and ceiling plus the labor, the cabinets are going to be put on hold until this summer - hopefully - so I can get some more money saved up. Wish me luck for the next week - that's what they promised, they'd be done in a week.

Happy Valentine's Tea Day to all or for those who can not partake today - Happy Valentine's Day anyway!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Another sunny but chilly day here but can't complain, have a nice toasty fire going in the fireplace :). A cup of orange pekoe and a raisin scone are beckoning to me.

Schoolhouse I feel for you, remodelling puts everything at sixes and sevens, but think what a joy it's going to be when it's all done, we want pictures.

LL, so what are you sipping and nibbling on this afternoon?

Annette

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse- I'm so happy for you! How exciting to be working on your new kitchen :)

Annette- Today, I was going to make something chocolate, but I decided on cinnamon muffins, instead. They're so tasty...and perfect with Earl Grey tea!

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Earl Grey sounds fantastic about now, but it's nearly 8pm, too late to drink tea or I'll be up all night. As it is, I probably won't sleep thinking of beadboard, beadboard.....
    I do have some brownies in the cupboard though! in a cupboard sitting somewhere.

Lass - I've decided I can't afford a designer kitchen nor would this old house look right with one, so it'll only be the basics for right now. New wall and ceiling covering and light fixtures at least. An improvement for sure.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse- I think you're making the right decision! If I ever get my farmhouse remodel underway, there are so many things that wouldn't look right...no matter how popular they might be on the kitchen forum! LOL

A comfortable, inviting, pretty and functional kitchen is what I think of, when I think country or cottage. Much like the gardens, it should reflect what you love and what works in your space :)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County