Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Sink

Posted by pmrusty Illinois (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 14, 11 at 20:00

I am just starting a kitchen demo/remodel that is very long overdue. So far we've moved the doorway into the kitchen and have ordered the cabinets, dishwasher and rangehood. I need to order the sink next and I'm already stuck. I found a brushed stainless double bowl sink made by Whitehaus. Is anyone familiar with this brand? Can you recommend it? Also, is one type of stainless steel finish better than another? Is brushed easier to maintain and less likely to scratch? Has anyone ordered from homecenter.com?
Any help would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Sink

Ahem... wrong forum or are you a spam?

o

Rusty- I think you might be confusing us with the small homes forum. Also, on the kitchen forum, they know all about Whitehaus sinks and stainless steel. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you :)

Just go to the top of the page and click on 'forums' and then go to 'home forums' that will take you to another page, where you can click on kitchen forums. Best of luck with your sink!

o

Watch out for Whitehaus! They are really just a clearing house for manufacturers with perhaps the worst customer service to be found. Witness their forever closeout sales. they have an F grade from the BBB. Most faucet manufacturers for example, will ship you parts no cost when they fail or need replacing, they want to retain customers and their good name. Whitehaus will rake you, if you can get a hold of them. They will even quote different prices for parts to you and to the dealer that sold their product to you. If you should make them aware of an issue with a product, they will deny that it's possible, or say they've never heard of that. Good luck dealing with them. They are losing distributors and dealers rapidly, and there are reasons why! Don't make the same mistake I made. A $700.00 one.

o

Hopefully, Whitehaus sinks are made better than their faucets. I bought one of their faucets 4 years ago and the finish began peeling off within the first 6 months. I thought Whitehaus was a reputable name because it was pretty expensive compared to Delta, Moen, etc. But, I found out the hard way and won't ever buy their products again!

o

This is the conversation side, so we talk about anything over here!! No harm, no foul.

I love Delta products, and have never had issue with their finish or reliability - Moen, not so much. Never heard of Whitehaus, but sounds like it doesn't come highly recommended!

Nancy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here