Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

First Tea of March :)

lavender_lass
13 years ago

It's March, which means it will soon be spring...and time for gardening! :)

I went to the library yesterday and got lots of gardening books, so that's what I'll be doing today. Drinking tea, maybe having a muffin, and planning what changes I want to make to the gardens.

What about you? Any plans for this first Thursday of March? Is it nice enough to have tea outside?

Have a wonderful Thursday and enjoy your tea!

Comments (6)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I'm taking my tea break now at 2:30pm. While waiting for the kettle to boil, I suddenly thought it may not be such a good idea to have the gas stove on with the room full of primer fumes; so my tea water didn't get exactly hot enough before I turned the burner off! Was hot enough to brew the tea - just. :)

{{gwi:599096}}

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse- I love your picture...tea during construction. It looks very civilized.

Good idea about not leaving the stove on too long. I don't have a gas stove, but I can see why you were a bit concerned.

I'm finally having my tea...just making some Earl Grey. Just got back from the dentist. Glad that's over, at least for now. Time to enjoy some warm tea and maybe an english muffin :)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

We were out so I missed tea this afternoon, but, we have a lovely fresh fruit flan for dessert tonight from a favorite bakery, comfort food after a frustrating afternoon trying to find a decent coffee maker. I wanted one with a stainless steel carafe NOT a glass pot. Had to settle on one I really didn't like that much but that's the way the ball bounces sometimes.

Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I really should have a coffee maker of some sort on hand for visitors or contractors and their help. ha. I hadn't even thought of offering them a cup of coffee until I heard one say he was thinking of running to buy some. I fixed them some of my General Mills powdered coffee drink - Cafe' Francois - they said that would be fine, but I never heard if they liked it. :)

There have been other times when I wished I had just a 4-cup coffee maker on hand. The only thing I do have is an Italian coffee percolator that heats on the stove, but it only makes one cup at a time. A can of Maxwell House coffee can sit in my cupboard for years before it's even half used!

What model of coffee maker did you buy Annette?

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I keep a box of Folger's coffee bags (like tea bags) around, when my dad comes to visit. He likes them :)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Which coffee maker did I buy? I bought a Cuisinart 12 cup programmable, with carafe. Third row, third in on the link below. We usually have coffee in the mornings and evenings, tea in the afternoon. I have to admit although I didn't get quite what I was looking for the one we bought is doing the job better then I thought it would, she says grudgingly.

Annette

Here is a link that might be useful: Coffeemaker

Sponsored
Brenda M. Miller Designer of Interior Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars73 Reviews
Client-Oriented Interior Design in Loudoun County | Best of Houzz X6