Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Saturday

Sorry I am late. I have been up, but really had no good question for today. So many good ones (IMHO)seem to be US-centric. Haven't come up with clues yet, but here is today's question:

From one of America's major cities you can drive south under a body of water, and arrive in Canada. Which cities, and which body of water?

You may not need clues at all, but I hope it isn't too easy.

Cynthia

Comments (18)

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Oooh,it springs to mind immediately. It is all about the drive!! lol. Happy Saturday am, Cyn.

Nancy.

• thinman
    12 years ago

Assuming there is only one possible answer, I went through this tunnel as a lad. The body of water I went under is a river.

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hmmm...well maybe I had better do more research to make sure there is only one answer---which you both seem to have, btw!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Heck, I don't know this one :(.

Annette

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

I know the river and the U.S. city but not the Canadian city.
    Sorry, my Canadian geographical knowledge is severely limited.

• thinman
    12 years ago

The nearby major airport goes by the initials DTW, which also makes for a perfect abbreviation for the Canada-bound trip through the tunnel.

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So Annette, would it help to tell you I like to clean to the music of bands/artists such as The Four Tops, The Temptations, Stevie Wonder (originally called Little Stevie-love that and still call him that from time to time), The Supremes, Martha Reeves...

Bobbie, maybe a visit with the Queen is in order...

Also, Annette, next week's question may be easier for you if not for everyone else-just a teaser to keep you going through the week, not a clue. :)

Cynthia

12 years ago

OK, me thinks Detroit may be one of the cities, if I remember correctly that's where the Temptations started out... to somewhere in Ontario? Must think on this some more.

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Don't get tied up in knots over it, Annette. :)

Cynthia

• thinman
    12 years ago

Good one, Cynthia.

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Thanks to your clue, Cynthia, I think I've got it. Didn't we have a question recently that touched on the anti-German feelings during WWI bringing about this name change of the English royal family?

Finally put away my Valentines decorations and got out the green for St. Patrick's Day when all of us can pretend to be Irish and mingle with the true Irish after the wee ones are put to bed.

Record breaking temps today, 59 or 60+F, depending on which radio channel I'm listening to when I'm in my car. Snow is melting quickly.

12 years ago

Ahhhhhh, how about Windsor :). Now the river, could that have the same name as a certain U.S. city. I sure needed the clues on this one.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Very good, Annette. I was going to try to come up with another clue for you, but Cynthia "got you there".

Nancy - who listened to the music at night as a child, when they boosted the AM signal.

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Ok, it think this is late enough. Cities Detroit and Windsor;
    tunnel under the Detroit River.

Is it called the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel?

News tonight said we had a record high 66 degrees F.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Isn't it fun when everyone wins?!

**** for Nancy, TM, Bobbie, and Annette! I have gone back to these pathetic asterisks since I can't get the stars to line up in a row. :(

Yes it is the Detroit River that one goes under to get from Detroit in the north to Windsor in the south. Congratulations everyone.

Next week, we move back to the US and I suspect Annette and TM will have the advantage.

Have a fun Sunday. Hope the Daylight Saving change hasn't thrown anyone off. I think it will affect me tomorrow when I am again getting up in the dark, but oh how I love the longer days come evening! Do Canadians change their clocks, too? Sometimes, I do feel awfully stupid. I should know the answer to that.

Cynthia

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

lol. And why should you know?? We are but a small fish in a large ocean. That is a common trivia question in Canada (or maybe that's just Ontario?) - Annette, I am shocked! ;-)) Actually, one of our CBC radio hosts interviewed Steve Parry, the joked him that in the Journey song, Don't Stop Believing (Gleeks will know this song well), it mentions that the 'city boy' was 'born and raised in South Detriot', and that was actually Windsor. Parry wrote it that way because it made the lyrics scan better in his opinion. So there you go, cause I just can't stop with the Trivia.

And yes, I am finally up, and have posted my question. Sorry to all for my tardiness - which brings me to my favourite Marilyn Monroe quote, "I've never been on time, but I've been on a calendar." Smart lady.

• thinman
    12 years ago

Thanks for the stars, Cynthia, and for a question I knew the answer to. :) Good fun.

TM

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Clues are the only things that help me get the answers to so many of the questions. I think finding the clues and coming up with an answer from the clues are more fun than knowing the answer.

Thanks, all.

Sponsored