Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Happy 1st day of spring break to me!

Aaarrrgghh.

Comments (8)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

Bummer, but great picture Cyn. So far so good, spring seems to be right on target here for a change, now that I've said that it'll probably hit the fan, fingers crossed.

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Annette. My only real complaint is that the ground will be too wet for me to be out working once it warms up mid-week. It is supposed to get into the 50s and I would love to start pulling weeds that are already appearing! also, I may have a hosta order arriving this week. *sigh*

Cynthia

• thinman
    11 years ago

Great photo! Those daffies really pop, don't they?

There ought to be a law against snow during spring break, especially for you tender more southern folks. :) I'll bet you can find something else fun to do if the gardening doesn't work out for you.

How long until retirement?

TM

• auntyara
    11 years ago

Winter, the season that just wont leave til it's good and ready!
    have a wonderful Spring break.
    :) Laura

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all. I really do love snow (grew up in PA, TM) and it was fun to wake up to it covering the trees. Still, it does seem at least a little bit wrong with no snow all winter until March 25th! Now, it is all melted and the fleurs have perked back up, so it is all good.

Cynthia

oh, and hoping to be able to retire at the end of next school year, TM. Didn't start teaching until I was 38, so I am a bit behind. Plus, didn't get credit for the three years in PA before moving down here, so not close enough to 25 years in VA yet and probably won't get there at all. :(

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

Beautiful photo, Cynthia. Hope you are finding some things to brighten your spring break days. Are you seeing any early spring blossoms?

Our snow is beginning to pull back along the edges of the driveway. Still many inches to go but I see a spot of ground here and there. Today was the first day above 40 degrees for us this year. Sadly, gardening and spring are not on my mind as my DH shared his bad cold with me and our home is a symphony of wheezing, sneezing and coughing. I hadn't had a cold in years and they are hitting me hard this year. Maybe I forgot how miserable they can make one. Hope this one passes quicker than the earlier one.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    11 years ago

Cyn - I just remembered to come look for your photo - love the touch with Daffodils!! We still have a little snow, where the big banks were, but it is dirty and almost gone - now it is allergy season!! Yea. I have done a little bit of cleanup in our new yard. Dear god, how much crap the last people left under the snow!! Kids small toys everywhere and garbage and recyclables under the deck!! What a mess - also hundreds of cigarette butts!! We have a postage stamp-sized front yard, which I raked, as I wanted to get the crap out of the way of anything that might come up - tulips noses coming out through the ice!!! Yea. Hopefully they have enough oomph in them to bloom. Love this time of year, despite the allergies!!

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bobbie, hope the cold passes quickly. No fun at all! We have lots of bulbs up, but mostly just green leaves at this point (except for the crocuses and daffs, of course). I am hoping the cold doesn't do in the Camellia buds. The one out front is loaded with buds. Keeping my fingers crossed and will share a pic if they all open. Should be pretty.

Nancy, are you starting to plan what you will plant? I know you will wait to see what comes up, but I always seem to envision new plants no matter what. Do you have any trees in the back yard?

Glad you all liked the picture. I thought it was fun! The snow was melted by Tuesday morning, but it has been too cold to be outside (for me at least-I am a wuss).