Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Thursday Tea

lavender_lass
13 years ago

It's raining today, instead of snowing, so I'm taking that as a sign of spring! The creek is really up and moving very fast...another spring sign :)

Today, I'm having Earl Grey and making some blueberry muffins. I'll probably take some up to my mom (she loves them) and have tea up there, too. She loves tea and usually has Earl Grey or Jasmine.

Hope you're all having a very nice Thursday. Any signs of spring, where you live? Enjoy your tea!

Comments (5)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Yes, yes, yes, I do believe there's a feeling of spring in the air. Although it's been raining off and on, sometimes heavily which by the way is melting my crocus. I can feel the difference in the air, the sharpness has gone and before long I'll be back to tracking mud into the house, gotta love those tile floors :).

We bought some shortbread biscuits when we went shopping the other day so I'll have a couple with my cup of irish breakfast tea at 3.

It's been a long, long, dreary winter here, I'm so ready for spring.

Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I had my tea at 2:30pm., sitting in the library in front of the big window watching it rain, rain and rain. Now they are calling for snow, 6 - 12" to the east of us, not sure how much I'll wake up to tomorrow morning.

Mom is coming at 5pm. with her big station wagon to go with me to fetch an old bottom cupboard I bought yesterday. I could shoot myself for bringing another cupboard home! It's a foot too big for the space I wanted it, too; so I have to do some brain storming in order to use it in the new kitchen. It will be my counter top/storage until I get my new cabinets. The cupboard was only $55, has a real "distressed" look about it. ha. Well, I guess that's the style at least it was some years ago.

The husband of the antique dealer will help us to load it, how in the heck me and my 82yr.old Mom will get it out when we get to my house should be interesting. The days of dragging old furniture home and lugging it around are over for me I think. I may just shove it in the garage for now.

Shortbread biscuits sound good, I must buy some next time I'm out shopping. Creeks and streams are high here too, at least there's no snow melt ontop of the rain like last week. What a mess, two creeks overflowed and made the highway impassable.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Hey, picked up the cupboard, the guy slid it right into the back of the station wagon with not an inch to spare. I shouldn't have worried about how I was going to get it out when we got home, I just slid it out and down onto my truck dolly and Mom helped me maneuver it into garage and onto a rugh. Easy peasey. It's a heavy sucker and needs some parts nailed back together, one never thinks to look under a cupboard before you buy it. :)

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Annette- I'm ready for spring, too. Shortbread cookies do sound good...I should make some, with frosting! :)

Schoolhouse- Great find with the cabinet. I'm sure you'll find the perfect place for it. I don't think most people would remember to check under the cabinet...that's a good thing to remember!

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I'll post a photo of it as soon as I get it set up in the house.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida