Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

First Thursday Tea of spring :)

lavender_lass
13 years ago

It's spring!!! Finally...and it even felt like it, yesterday! :)

This has been a very long winter and I'm so looking forward to getting out in the garden. So much to do, but still too cold and wet to get started. I'm hoping I can start pulling some grass, this weekend. I have seen a few bulbs poking up, so I'm hoping we'll have flowers by early April!

Today, I'm enjoying my Earl Grey (as usual) and I had some cinnamon muffins for breakfast. I love those and they're so easy to fix...and tasty! What are your plans today? Anyone actually able to have tea, in the garden?

Enjoy your tea! :)

Comments (2)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Not here. Too darn cold, even tho the sun is shining. In fact, I forgot all about tea and had coffee earlier. If I drink tea now, I'll be too awake tonight, at least that's what I think causes it. But I do have some donuts I bought at the bakery today, I'll eat another one so I can at least enjoy that part of Thursday Tea with you. :)

Had quite the adventure awhile ago. I'm checking in on the neighbor's cats while they are on vacation in Tennessee for a week. Suppose to be back Saturday. Well, went down awhile ago as usual, got the door key hidden in the vestibule, walked in, put the key on the microwave and checked on the indoor cat. She was fine, gave her two treats from the jar. Then walked out the inner door to the garage, shut it behind me so she wouldn't run out there, checked on the outside cat who sleeps and eats out there when the people go away.

Put food in his bowl(some other animal has been helping itself to his food, so I have to check every day), went to go back in the house - the door is locked! I don't have the key with me because I laid it on the microwave. UGH. The big overhead garage door is open just enough for the cat to go in and out - I can't squeeze under there. It's locked somehow so that it doesn't go all the way up. I'm stuck in the dark little garage until Saturday??! There's no way to shout out to someone either.

Finally, I push and tug on the overhead door real hard and try to see where the release lever is, here the guy had jammed a screwdriver into the side as a make-do lock. I was able to get that out and open the door and escape. The only other thing to do was to go their neighbors across the highway to see if she has a key to the "Smith's" house. Thank goodness she's home, but she has no key. BUT - she has a cell phone number to call in emergencies, I did too but it's laying on the counter inside the locked house.

Mrs.Smith just happens to have her cell turned on and here they are on their way home today instead of Saturday. She was going to call me tonight to let me know. Whew. Well, if I had had to spend the night in their garage at least they would have found me sooner than Saturday!

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Update in case anyone is interested. Mrs. Smith brought me up a gift, a token for checking in on the cats. She said she locked herself out once too but just went out the side door of the garage......doh. I forgot there was a side entrance, I can see it from my house, but I don't know why I didn't see it while I was panicking inside the garage. I felt so foolish.

Sponsored