Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Sunday

This will have to be quick. We are off to try to beat the crowds to the Tidal Basin to see the cherry blossoms with Lizzie. You are right, Bobbie, they are beautiful and one of my favorite excursions every year.

So, for today, short and sweet: What is a tittle?

Now, if anyone else thought of a question since I said I wasn't sure I would be here today, please jump in and add yours! Probably much better than my silly question.

Cynthia

Comments (16)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    10 years ago

I've heard that word before, I'll have to dig deep and see if I can remember. Another nice day here so I'll be spending most of it in the garden.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

I've not heard that word before - hmmm. My ancestors come to mind - they kept kittle!! Must think hard.

Cynthia - what fun - the cherry blossoms. I'll have to look for news feeds with pictures!!

Nancy.

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

The phrase that comes to mind is "tittle tattle" though I am not sure what tittle means.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cherry blossoms were lovely. We had brunch outside at a place on the Potomac south of National Airport. Fun to watch the sail boats and not too many jets taking off (they make it hard to hear). Lovely day spent outside.

You see tittles every day. I guarantee that you have seen at least ten today!

Cynthia

• thinman
    10 years ago

I've heard the word before too, but I can't remember in what context. I think I know what a titter is, but that doesn't really help, does it?

TM

This post was edited by thinman on Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 19:30

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

if i just think intently, i will give it to you, i imagine.

Cynthia

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

I am noticing all those uncapitalized letters. Perhaps tittle is a capitalized word.

10 years ago

HMMM, I see a lot of "i"s there, is it something pertaining to the letter "i"?

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Getting very close Annette.

10 years ago

I must remember to dot those i's otherwise mine look like e's, if I'm right another letter comes into play here too.

Been outside most of the day digging and weeding and potting up plants for our garden club plant sale next month I'm all pooped out. All I have to do now is make dinner and then I can crash on the couch in front of the TV.

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sure is warm here now! :)

Cynthia

• thinman
    10 years ago

Is a tittle the dot over the i ?

TM

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Is it like a version of covering all of your bases?

Glad you had a great day - lunch outside sounds lovely. Not as nice here today as it was yesterday, but I have croci in bloom - yea!! And there was lightening in the east 10 minutes ago. Hopefully no power outages.

Nancy.

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Clues have me thinking a tittle is the dot over the English letters i and j and maybe other letters in other languages. Oh, just read TM's post and see we are on the same path.

When I was thinking about tittle tattle I thought it might be a small bit, like tattling over some small bit of news.

This post was edited by mnwsgal on Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 13:44

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yippee for all of you and four stars, too. It is the dot over the i and the j in English. Bobbie, you are right that it can also be a small bit.

I hope you have a delightful week. We spent today looking at houses on Maryland's Eastern Shore. I so would love to retire and have a place on the water. We'll see if we can figure it out. It was a lovely day-perfect weather, breezy, warm. Tomorrow will be rain and then the cold front is expected to bring freezing temps again. Sigh-so much for Spring clean-up during vacation. :(

Thanks for playing!
    Cynthia

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Thanks for the stars and interesting question.

Looking at houses and thinking about a change with retirement sounds like fun. We are also discussing making a change in housing but thinking of downsizing and having less upkeep to do so we can travel. This winter that just doesn't end has us seriously thinking of going south for a couple of months during the winter season.

Only 26F this a.m. but warmth from the sun felt good as I worked outside. It was rather brisk last night on my deck where I was gazing at a mostly covered but faintly red radiant moon. I had a clear crisp sky to view the progression of the lunar eclipse from beautful large orb to increasing crescents to darkness and decreasing crescents to full moon again.

Sponsored