Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia:Saturday

Good afternoon friends. It is actually Friday, but I have company due to arrive for the weekend any time now and I am worried that I won't get this posted in the morning. Coming back for clues may be difficult , but I will definitely try to check in a couple of times tomorrow during the day.

So, taking a page from Nancy's playbook, today's question has to do with music. This woman has had hits in the top ten in every decade since 1965 when she sang a duet with Bob Dylan.

I shall be back with clues tomorrow.

Cynthia

Comments (18)

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    11 years ago

Well, Cynthia - you make me look even later than I usually am, posting the day before!! lol. The times are achangin' especially if the power doesn't fail this weekend!! Hmmmmm....interesting!

Nancy - who may need clues......

• thinman
    11 years ago

With Dylan, one woman comes immediately to mind, but I'll wait and see what shakes out tomorrow..

TM

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

Mmmmm, I'm thinking that was back in the day :). I just may know this one, later, I'm off to our garden club plant sale to help out.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    11 years ago

Oh Annette - I always buy more when I help out!!;-)) Rainy and cold here. I got 1/2 of the Shiraz peas in the ground yesterday. I need to soak a bunch more, as well as the sugar snaps. I want them in the ground before I check into the hospital. Not sure about planting the beans, that will have to wait till I'm out of the hospital, perhaps. Got to get all of this organized - amazing how your priorities change so quickly!!

Yes, one woman loomed large in Dylan's life at that time - she felt betrayed when he electrified, I believe.

Nancy.

• thinman
    11 years ago

The folky lady I am thinking of made a double album of Dylan songs called Any Day Now. I can remember buying it, but I don't know if i still have it. I'm not sure that she has had hits in every decade, so I may be baying up the wrong tree.

TM

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

I am thinking of the same lady as Thinman. She had an off and on again relationship with Dylan and had him join her for duets during those early years. He also played solo during some of her concerts.

It is a beautiful day here in the 70s. Heat is off and doors and windows are thrown open. Any day now I will get the screens back on.

How sweet the sound is of the birds singing as the day begins. Spring at last! I see a crocus and some tiny blue squill blooming on the east side of the house. Lots to do, removing mulch from the beds and cutting back mums and a few other plants that didn't get done during the one nice (50s) day we had late March. Daffodils are pushing through the mulch.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Of course, you are all thinking of that one dark haired lady, but that would just be too easy now, wouldn't it? Not Baez. In fact, I never would have thought Dylan would have paired up with this other dark-haired lady. And, as I researched more, I could not find another source that said she sang a duet. She did, however, cover the song and her version and the Byrds' version were released around the same time. I do apologize for sending you down the wrong path.

My friend, Jean, and I have been having fun. We walked along the bike trail on the Potomac, ate lunch out in the sun here, planned our dinner out with Chuck, John, and Kelly for tonight(seafood), went to a native plant sale in the morning, and still the beat goes on. A little slower these days, though! ;)

We also discussed plastic surgery and decided that most people look better without it. I am always amazed at the celebrities who undergo so many procedures. So, saggy and natural is my future! Actually, it is sort of my present as well! :(

I will be back with more clues before we go out to dinner.

Cynthia

11 years ago

Ok, so it's not Baez, does this lady have a connection to someone with the initials R.S.? If not I'm stumped.

Nancy, I was so proud of myself I came home with only one plant, get that only ONE plant, the double primula "April Rose" :).

Annette

• thinman
    11 years ago

OK, sticking with folkies, if it's not JB, could it be JC? (I'll just keep working my way through the alphabet.)

TM

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    11 years ago

And the beat goes on.....makes me think of someone with only one name?? And she did have hits in several decades!

Glad you had a great day - and Annette, you showed great restraint!! lol. I had a nice quiet day - my housemates were off to a birthday party, so the cats and their Shih Tzu and I lazed in the sun when it came out. Lily is very bold, and worries me when she gets out, out she does get. She usually comes back for the cat treats, just like the commercial!! Quite funny really. I walked to the back of our yard, and noticed some bloodroot blooming!! Very exciting. And of course, Lily had to follow me, and go into the neighbour's yard!

Nancy.

• thinman
    11 years ago

Really? Can that be right? Can't argue with the hits in several decades, but did she do a duet with Dylan?

Hmmmmm.

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

TM, apologies again- I am sorry that I couldn't confirm the duet part. So don't let that part throw you, sonny boy.

Nancy, you are our resident musical expert! I am glad you picked up on the clue-there were two there.

Cynthia

11 years ago

OK, I was starting to think it might be Norah Jones but now I'm picking up a Cher vibe, Cher, really, who would have thought.

Annette

• thinman
    11 years ago

Even I now get that it must be Cher. What Dylan song did she cover? Was it Mr. Tambourine Man?

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Four stars for Nancy, TM, and Annette. Yes, Cher did cover the Dylan song, "All I Really Want to Do" In trying to decide which link to use for that song, I finally picked one that epitomizes the go-go type style. What until you see her outfit. Whoa baby. We all thought we looked so cool, but I am happy to say, I never wore bell-bottoms that were striped like hers!

Yes, she has had either a song or album in the top ten in every decade since 1965. Amazing. I think she had plastic surgery in most of the later ones as well. Such a shame since I always liked the way she looked when she started.

Thanks for playing all. Again, I do apologize for using an unverified question to start out the trivia, but we got there just the same. We are off on another adventure. Will be back sometime in the afternoon. Happy Sunday!

Cynthia

Here is a link that might be useful: Cher

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    11 years ago

Oh yeah!! lol. Yes, I did wear striped bell-bottoms, and a persian wool vest!! I WANTED to be Cher! omg, what a time.

Thanks for the memories, cyn. Good times!

Nancy.

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

Sorry I didn't get back to pick up on the Cher clues. Wow, psychedelic!

Spent the morning with friends then worked in the yard and brought overwintering plants from the garage outside. Some were starting to send up new shoots and/or leaves. Will winter sow some annuals today and pot some dahlia tubers. Lots to do before a predicted evening rain.

• thinman
    11 years ago

Yep, complete with go-go girls. Good question, as always, Cynthia. Thanks for the Saturday fun.

TM

Sponsored