Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weekend Trivia - Sunday

Posted by thinman Z5 MI (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 12:14

Happy Easter, dear cottagers. Here's an easy question for your Easter consideration: Approximately 700,000,000 of these are sold each Easter. What are they?

ThinMan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weekend Trivia - Sunday

Oooooo - one or the other. Which one though? Must think!

Happy Easter, all. Nancy.

o

Eggs

Annette

o

Just to make it interesting (although I suspect Annette is right), I'll go with Peeps-the Washington Post always has an annual Peeps diorama contest-very funny. You can probably find it online. This year wasn't quite as clever as past years' entries, but still fun.

o

You know Annette, that was my first thought, too, but that TM can be tricky. It might even be truffles. Still not convinced, me.

Nancy. - off to play in the dirt!

o
RE:Weekend Trivia - Sunday

LOL, I should have put a ? after my answer. It could well be something else, eggs were the first thing that came to mind.

Annette

o

How about chocolate bunnies? I hate peeps. Always taste stale to me. I LOVE chocolate bunnies!

o

I've never had peeps - what are they?? I love the Cadbury Mini-Eggs, which are wonderful chocolate, with a hard candy cover, that looks like exotic eggs. Yumm.

Guess I need to make my mind up soon.....

Nancy.

o

My guess will be bunnies. I'll bet that the egg number is way higher!! Final answer.

Nancy.

o

Holy Gee!! I was just logging on to see the answer and thought: Hams!!!! TM - did you know women would go for the chocolate every time?? lol.

Nancy.

o

I finally got some time today to post an answer for you. The 700,000,000 is for Peeps, and I think they must appeal only to kids.

Jelly beans sell in the billions. 16 billion is the number I found.

I couldn't find a number for chocolate eggs or chocolate bunnies.

So who guessed Peeps? Cynthia! for her.

Rainy in Seattle today, so DW wanted to hit some of the big name stores downtown. I'm sure you all know them well.

Nancy, I have heard that about chocolate and women, though I've never noticed any magical effect. That reminds me of Ogden Nash's line: Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker. :)

Thanks for playing this weekend.

TM

o

Thanks for the brain exercise TM! Did you also go to see the 'flying' fish?? I loved that, too.

Nancy.

o

Nope, Nancy, we were at the market today, but didn't get as far as the seafood end this time - just bought a few tulips and a small painting (a print, really). Then across the street to the French bakery for a chocolate croissant and coffee. Tasty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here