Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Thursday Tea...last Thursday in April, already!

lavender_lass
12 years ago

I can't believe it's almost the end of April. Doesn't it seem to go by a lot faster than February, which actually has less days? LOL

Today, I'm going to make a pineapple upside down cake, to take up to my mom's, for tea this afternoon. Right now, I'm making a cup of Earl Grey, just to warm up a bit. It's still pretty cold here, but the daffodils are blooming...finally!

This weekend is supposed to be warmer and sunny, so I'm hoping to get some more things planted. I have to move some roses and clematis, but it's just too wet to make that big a hole, yet. How about you? Have you been able to garden the way you like? Anything blooming? Any pictures?

Have a lovely Thursday and enjoy your tea!

Comments (5)

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Hello tea friend. I had Prince of Wales in the pot today in honor of the Royal Wedding tomorrow morning. Well, yeah that's his dad but what the heck. Does William have a title? I need to look that up, haven't been listening to all the hype on TV as I'm sure they've mentioned it.

Windy, windy, windy here today again. This morning around 5am, I was so frightened I got up out of bed to look out the window. All I saw was a sky of bright stars and some dark clouds - and trees bending with the wind bursts. My old house creaked and snapped, crackled and popped. Turned on the TV but there were no storm warnings or, worse, tornado warnings.

Lost a big limb off the old serviceberry shrub in the sunken garden. It was full of bloom, but for several years it has barely clung to the trunk. There is new growth, so my hopes are lifted.

I have the most beautiful double daffs blooming in the orchard, I don't remember planting them. Some are a peach color with with white. I'll try to snap a pic before they fade.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

I meant "titles", I know he's a Prince afterall. :) I cried this morning when Kate got into the car to leave the hotel.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Schoolhouse- Tea friend...I like that :)

Prince of Wales sounds like the perfect tea for yesterday! I'm glad you got to see the wedding. I don't know much about the royals, but I have read that William is much more popular with the people, than Charles. Maybe he'll be the next king?

Too bad about your serviceberry, but we have some and they're very tough! I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back with even more growth next year.

I hope you get a chance to take some pictures of your peach and white daffodils...your other ones are so pretty! We have all kinds of daffodils and they're finally starting to bloom, but since I didn't plant any of them, it's always a surprise when I find something new :)

Take care and stay safe. There's been some crazy weather lately, but hopefully we'll have a nice, warm, pretty spring starting this weekend!

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

I should have taken photos today while the sun was out, but I decided to mow. Darn, that grass grows fast plus it rained early this morning; but the wind dried things off a bit, enough to mow anyway. Tomorrow it's suppose to be at least 60, maybe 66; I'll try to snap a pic.

Yes, I'm sad about the serviceberry because I've had it so long; but as I said there is new growth coming on. Unfortunately the new growth is all on one side, which if left to mature will cause too much weight there. That shrub has been through so much I should be glad it's held on this long.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

I posted a photo of the double pink (or salmon)daffodil in discussions. It's the first photo.

Sponsored