Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Thursday Tea

lavender_lass
13 years ago

I hope you're all having a wonderful Thursday! I'm still waiting for something to bloom, but I have high hopes that I may have daffodils blooming by next Thursday, in which case, I'll post pictures :)

Anything exciting happening today? Are you able to go outside and enjoy your tea? I'm wondering if I should make pineapple upside down cake (to take up to my mom) or more cinnamon muffins. It's almost too cloudy and cold for pineapple! LOL

Have a lovely Thursday and enjoy your tea!

Comments (3)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

It's cold, raining and there's new snow on the mountain, it sure doesn't feel very spring like. I'm sitting here at the computer with a cup of irish breakfast and nibbling on a couple of chocolate chip biscuits.
    Lass, your cinnamon muffins sound so yummy. Since it's too miserable to be outside today I'm thinking about what to make for supper. It looks like it's going to be salisbury steak in mushroom gravy mashed taters and honey glazed carrots, a piece of black forrest cake with coffee later on. What's on your menu for tonight?

Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I didn't have tea today, but had a cup of hot chocolate a little while ago. Most of the afternoon it was 61 - 62 and sunny, I spent it out in the garage cleaning up an old cupboard and sanding the top of it - without a coat on.

The temp dropped pretty fast after that, now I have the thermostat up. For supper I made a breaded chicken sandwich and also a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup, but it wasn't enough because I'm hungry again! There's not much in the house to snack on, so I'm out of luck.

I have lots of daffodils and some early species tulips blooming, shrubs are really leafing out suddenly. Yes, I agree, the cinnamon muffins always sound so good. Mom used to make an easy cinnamon coffee cake using a recipe on the side of the Bisquick box. I have some Bisquick, I might just give it a try. Mashed potatoes with gravy is one of my comfort foods. Mmmmm....wish I had some right now.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You guys are making me hungry! I have not made cinnamon muffins yet, but I think I will in a few minutes. I could really use a bit of tea, even though it is after five. I just got back in from doing some errands and it's COLD outside!

Annette- Your dinner sounds so good...perfect for a cold evening! I am going to make up a bunch of fried chicken, but everyone has the flu, so we probably won't eat it until tomorrow night. I think I'm going to have scrambled eggs and cinnamon muffins for dinner...that sounds really tasty...and easier on the tummy than fried chicken. If the weather ever warms up, I think all this nasty flu business will be behind us!

Schoolhouse- I hope you make your coffeecake. Let me know how it goes...my mom is always looking for a quick recipe, to bake something easy, when her friends drop by :)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County