Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weekend Trivia - Saturday

Posted by thinman Z5 MI (My Page) on
Sat, May 28, 11 at 8:34

Happy weekend, dear cottagers and trivia players. Kinda rainy here today, which is going to slow my planting down. I have lots of plants to go in and we should be safely past our last frost now. Yesterday was beautiful, but I spent part of the day truck shopping and the rest prepping the field and putting up electric fencing so the stinking deer don't snatch all my tender plants.

On to trivia. Let's see what you know about antiques. A semenier is a certain type of chest of drawers. What do all semeniers have in common?

ThinMan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weekend Trivia - Saturday

Morning All - rainy here as well, and cool. Semenier, eh? Not a clue. All those years spent watching antiques roadshow, I don't believe I ever heard it mentioned. Drat. I shall have to wait for clues!!!

Nancy.

o

seven

Sierra

o

Agree with Sierra!

Off to HD for two new sprinklers. Happy Saturday all.

o

Didn't know this one, does seven have something to do with the days in a week?

Annette

o

I don't know this one either but to me seven can only mean one thing. I know I could use a seven.

o

Not saying that seven is right, mind you, but we would need a little more information than just the number seven for a five-star answer.

TM

o

7 drawers for my drawers, ;)

o

Cute, 'gal! I agree.

Cynthia

o

Semenier - a 7-drawered chest for seeds? Sorry - not seeing that, semensis are seeds, and I know that my spelling sucks big time....but in Spanish speaking isles in the Caribbean, that is the pronunciation. A weekly BF (bring forward file?) Really confused now!!! lol.

Nancy.

o

7 drawers for my drawers ;). Makes me think of undies embroidered with the days of the week on them LOL.

Annette

o

I did mean 7 drawers...

Sierra

o

Grrrr....not seeing the 'larger', 7 dimensional picture.

Nancy. AAAAhhhiiieeeee!!!

o

Hello, all! I think many people refer to them as lingerie dressers nowadays.

o

Annette, I had those labeled undies when I was a teenager! Glad we have grown out of that-lol-never could manage to wear them on the correct day-ha. May need to go back to them someday when I am senile, just to keep track...

Yes, a semenier is a lingerie dresser with seven drawers. Funny, DH has a bachelor's chest that I guess was to serve the same purpose, but it only has five drawers-hmmm...does that say something about you guys, TM? Weekends off, perhaps? :)

o

There's no fooling you guys It is indeed a seven drawer chest. It seems very French, to have a chest just for your frillies.

for you all.

Sad news, my friends. You haven't seen a Sunday trivia question yet because I am in the hospital. I had a heart attack Saturday evening and I'm recovering as I write. They fixed what was wrong, but it will take a while to heal. I'll check back here when I feel better.

TM

o

Hey TM - I was worried about you when you didn't post the answer!! Please take care of yourself, don't worry about us. (((((HUGS)))))

Nancy.

o

Ohhhhh TM, sending you a great big hug, best wishes for a speedy recovery. You take care my friend and DO take it easy.

Annette

o

I was afraid that something might have happened when you didn't post this morning, but I never imagined anything like a heart attack. I cannot believe you are giving us stars from the hospital!

As Annette and Nancy said, take it easy and recover quickly. Sending hugs and good energy-trivia we can do without. You-no way. Get better fast.

Cynthia

o

You are an amazing guy, TM, sending a note to us from your hospital bed. Glad to hear that they fixed what was wrong and you can concentrate on healing. We send our good thoughts and concern for you and your family.

o

Take care and speedy recovery! You will be missed!!

Jim

o

Oh, TM, I am so sorry. I wish you a speedy recovery. I trust your family will pitch in to keep your garden in good shape whilst you concentrate on regaining your strength. If I knew how to post stars, I'd give you a Web page full!

Regards,
Lorna

o

TM!! so sorry to hear of your heart attack. Do take care and get well soon.
I too was concerned when a Sunday trivia didn't show up (I am always lurking but only jump in when I am fairly sure I know the answer)
Rest, rest, rest--which means stay away from those gardens.
gg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here