Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Weekend Trivia - Saturday

thinman
12 years ago

Happy weekend, dear cottagers and trivia players. Kinda rainy here today, which is going to slow my planting down. I have lots of plants to go in and we should be safely past our last frost now. Yesterday was beautiful, but I spent part of the day truck shopping and the rest prepping the field and putting up electric fencing so the stinking deer don't snatch all my tender plants.

On to trivia. Let's see what you know about antiques. A semenier is a certain type of chest of drawers. What do all semeniers have in common?

ThinMan

Comments (22)

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Morning All - rainy here as well, and cool. Semenier, eh? Not a clue. All those years spent watching antiques roadshow, I don't believe I ever heard it mentioned. Drat. I shall have to wait for clues!!!

Nancy.

• sierra_z2b
    12 years ago

seven

Sierra

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Agree with Sierra!

Off to HD for two new sprinklers. Happy Saturday all.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Didn't know this one, does seven have something to do with the days in a week?

Annette

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

I don't know this one either but to me seven can only mean one thing. I know I could use a seven.

• thinman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Not saying that seven is right, mind you, but we would need a little more information than just the number seven for a five-star answer.

TM

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

7 drawers for my drawers, ;)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Cute, 'gal! I agree.

Cynthia

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Semenier - a 7-drawered chest for seeds? Sorry - not seeing that, semensis are seeds, and I know that my spelling sucks big time....but in Spanish speaking isles in the Caribbean, that is the pronunciation. A weekly BF (bring forward file?) Really confused now!!! lol.

Nancy.

12 years ago

7 drawers for my drawers ;). Makes me think of undies embroidered with the days of the week on them LOL.

Annette

• sierra_z2b
    12 years ago

I did mean 7 drawers...

Sierra

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Grrrr....not seeing the 'larger', 7 dimensional picture.

Nancy. AAAAhhhiiieeeee!!!

• lorna-organic
    12 years ago

Hello, all! I think many people refer to them as lingerie dressers nowadays.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Annette, I had those labeled undies when I was a teenager! Glad we have grown out of that-lol-never could manage to wear them on the correct day-ha. May need to go back to them someday when I am senile, just to keep track...

Yes, a semenier is a lingerie dresser with seven drawers. Funny, DH has a bachelor's chest that I guess was to serve the same purpose, but it only has five drawers-hmmm...does that say something about you guys, TM? Weekends off, perhaps? :)

• thinman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

There's no fooling you guys It is indeed a seven drawer chest. It seems very French, to have a chest just for your frillies.

for you all.

Sad news, my friends. You haven't seen a Sunday trivia question yet because I am in the hospital. I had a heart attack Saturday evening and I'm recovering as I write. They fixed what was wrong, but it will take a while to heal. I'll check back here when I feel better.

TM

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Hey TM - I was worried about you when you didn't post the answer!! Please take care of yourself, don't worry about us. (((((HUGS)))))

Nancy.

12 years ago

Ohhhhh TM, sending you a great big hug, best wishes for a speedy recovery. You take care my friend and DO take it easy.

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

I was afraid that something might have happened when you didn't post this morning, but I never imagined anything like a heart attack. I cannot believe you are giving us stars from the hospital!

As Annette and Nancy said, take it easy and recover quickly. Sending hugs and good energy-trivia we can do without. You-no way. Get better fast.

Cynthia

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

You are an amazing guy, TM, sending a note to us from your hospital bed. Glad to hear that they fixed what was wrong and you can concentrate on healing. We send our good thoughts and concern for you and your family.

• frogview00
    12 years ago

Take care and speedy recovery! You will be missed!!

Jim

• lorna-organic
    12 years ago

Oh, TM, I am so sorry. I wish you a speedy recovery. I trust your family will pitch in to keep your garden in good shape whilst you concentrate on regaining your strength. If I knew how to post stars, I'd give you a Web page full!

Regards,
    Lorna

• greylady_gardener
    12 years ago

TM!! so sorry to hear of your heart attack. Do take care and get well soon.
    I too was concerned when a Sunday trivia didn't show up (I am always lurking but only jump in when I am fairly sure I know the answer)
    Rest, rest, rest--which means stay away from those gardens.
    gg