Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weekend Trivia -- Saturday

Posted by thinman Z5 MI (My Page) on
Sat, May 21, 11 at 9:02

Happy weekend, dear cottagers. It's beautiful here so far this weekend. DW and I ate dinner last night in our Adirondack chairs on the front porch. This is usually a summer thing for us, sitting in the shade while we watch the birds coming and going from the bird bath - very enjoyable. I hope it's nice in your neck of the woods.

I can't decide if this question is too easy or not, but I'm going to throw it out there and see. You know those slotted curvy holes on the tops of violins and other stringed instruments? What letter of the alphabet is associated with them?

ThinMan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weekend Trivia -- Saturday

Gorgeous day here, as well. Sadly, I don't get to play in the garden till tomorrow, when it may be raining. Sigh.

Easy/hard, yes. I think I know, but will lurk so others can have fun!!

Nancy.

o

Lovely day here, too. Drove up to Baltimore to meet two friends from high school (did you notice I left out the word 'old' there?). Fun day. Now on to trivia and then the Preakness on tv.

I do know this one. My grandfather played the violin, I wanted to learn in elementary school, but mother wouldn't let me, and the son of a cousin is an amazing violinist. I have my grandfather's two instruments-one is playable, but the other needs some repairs. I often dream of taking it up now, but I really have so little musical talent, it would most likely be an exercise in futility and a good deal of frustration. OOOH, could be a clue there, huh? Unintended.

o

Haven't been on the computer for a few days but they can't keep this old gal down and out for very long. Had to have emergency gall bladder surgery wednesday night, I was home thursday morning but being a tad sore I have been a lady of leisure for the last couple of days, nuff said about that.
I'm pretty sure I know the answer too, yup Cyn I'd say you gave a clue, and a much nicer one then what came to my mind when I read TM's question, I must be still feeling some effects from the anesthetic LOL.

Annette

o

lol. You two. Annette - sorry to hear of your surgery - hope all is well. Gall Bladder is not fun - did they remove it?? They seldom do it, anymore, at least north of 49. Interestingly, the one letter German letter I think they most resemble is the other letter. Is that confusing enough??

Nancy.

o

Yup Nancy, they whipped it out toot sweet, the surgeon said I had one large gall stone and my gall bladder was a nasty one.

Annette

o

uhmm.......feels fairly familiar.

o

Annette! Holey moley! Gall bladder out Wednesday, home on Thursday? A tad sore? I'm amazed at your equanimity. I'd probably be whining like a little kitten.

Here's wishing you a lightning-fast recovery.

TM

o

Thanks guys, the worst part of the whole deal is dealing with the side effects of the antibiotics I'm on, go figure.

I'm thinking the answer is an F, now I'm off to the couch and an old movie.

Annette

o

Yes, f is the answer. A very scrolly, fancy f.

Nancy, who is off to bed!!!

o

BIG F, little f, what begins with f?
Four fluffy feathers on a Fiffer-feffer-feff.

Sorry, had an attack of Dr. Seuss there.

You all knew they were called f-holes. I thought you might. Good job!

for Cynthia, Annette, Nancy, and Jim.

o

Annette, wow. What a week for you! Isn't it amazing how quickly doctors go in and fix us when something we never dreamt of goes wrong? Who thinks/worries about his/her gall bladder? Hope today is better for you, Annette.

Just goes to show how attached we all are to you, TM. Even surgery can't keep us away!
Thanks for the stars.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here