Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Weekend Trivia -- Saturday

thinman
12 years ago

Happy weekend, dear cottagers. It's beautiful here so far this weekend. DW and I ate dinner last night in our Adirondack chairs on the front porch. This is usually a summer thing for us, sitting in the shade while we watch the birds coming and going from the bird bath - very enjoyable. I hope it's nice in your neck of the woods.

I can't decide if this question is too easy or not, but I'm going to throw it out there and see. You know those slotted curvy holes on the tops of violins and other stringed instruments? What letter of the alphabet is associated with them?

ThinMan

Comments (11)

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Gorgeous day here, as well. Sadly, I don't get to play in the garden till tomorrow, when it may be raining. Sigh.

Easy/hard, yes. I think I know, but will lurk so others can have fun!!

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Lovely day here, too. Drove up to Baltimore to meet two friends from high school (did you notice I left out the word 'old' there?). Fun day. Now on to trivia and then the Preakness on tv.

I do know this one. My grandfather played the violin, I wanted to learn in elementary school, but mother wouldn't let me, and the son of a cousin is an amazing violinist. I have my grandfather's two instruments-one is playable, but the other needs some repairs. I often dream of taking it up now, but I really have so little musical talent, it would most likely be an exercise in futility and a good deal of frustration. OOOH, could be a clue there, huh? Unintended.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Haven't been on the computer for a few days but they can't keep this old gal down and out for very long. Had to have emergency gall bladder surgery wednesday night, I was home thursday morning but being a tad sore I have been a lady of leisure for the last couple of days, nuff said about that.
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer too, yup Cyn I'd say you gave a clue, and a much nicer one then what came to my mind when I read TM's question, I must be still feeling some effects from the anesthetic LOL.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

lol. You two. Annette - sorry to hear of your surgery - hope all is well. Gall Bladder is not fun - did they remove it?? They seldom do it, anymore, at least north of 49. Interestingly, the one letter German letter I think they most resemble is the other letter. Is that confusing enough??

Nancy.

12 years ago

Yup Nancy, they whipped it out toot sweet, the surgeon said I had one large gall stone and my gall bladder was a nasty one.

Annette

• frogview00
    12 years ago

uhmm.......feels fairly familiar.

• thinman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Annette! Holey moley! Gall bladder out Wednesday, home on Thursday? A tad sore? I'm amazed at your equanimity. I'd probably be whining like a little kitten.

Here's wishing you a lightning-fast recovery.

TM

12 years ago

Thanks guys, the worst part of the whole deal is dealing with the side effects of the antibiotics I'm on, go figure.

I'm thinking the answer is an F, now I'm off to the couch and an old movie.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Yes, f is the answer. A very scrolly, fancy f.

Nancy, who is off to bed!!!

• thinman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

BIG F, little f, what begins with f?
    Four fluffy feathers on a Fiffer-feffer-feff.

Sorry, had an attack of Dr. Seuss there.

You all knew they were called f-holes. I thought you might. Good job!

{{gwi:602738}}

for Cynthia, Annette, Nancy, and Jim.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Annette, wow. What a week for you! Isn't it amazing how quickly doctors go in and fix us when something we never dreamt of goes wrong? Who thinks/worries about his/her gall bladder? Hope today is better for you, Annette.

Just goes to show how attached we all are to you, TM. Even surgery can't keep us away!
    Thanks for the stars.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor