Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Weekend Trivia: Sunday

thinman
10 years ago

Good morning, dear cottagers, and happy Mothers' Day to you who may be mothers. I hope you all are having better weather than we are here at ThinMan Acres, that being snow and wind. At least the snow is not sticking much.

Good luck in your recovery, Nancy. Maybe we will see you here today.

Since it's Mothers' Day, I made a simple little crossword puzzle for our trivia today. The clues are the children (mostly), and you are supposed to come up with the mothers' names - first names, mostly.

{{gwi:602820}}

TM

Comments (21)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

How much fun is that! I know nine off the bat and maybe the rest will come as I fill it in. There are a couple for which I have no clue!

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes.

Cynthia

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Happy Mother's Day to you mother's out there!! It's like an episode of Cat's Gone Wild around here! Running up and down the halls, the stairs, looking out windows, attacking dust bunnies (lots of game there). I rescued my comics from Pita, nearly shredded.
    I have copied my prescriptions to get them into the pharmacist today. Now I find this crossword - Hmmmm.... it is printed and I shall take it back to my nest with me!!

Thanks for your continued good thoughts. I'm trying to find my exercise instruction sheet, which seems to have gone missing. I wonder it the cats have 'disappeared' it??

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Sounds as if you are having an amusing day, Nancy. Glad you are feeling so well! Well, there are two that I know I know, but they flew right out of my head. How odd, one just jumped back in-how strangely our brains work sometimes. So, I have nine. I can picture a tenth and should be able to think of her name by the end of the day. I always liked her in shows/movies. No idea about one and should know Elvis' mom, but will need to rely on my brain suddenly lighting up. I am not hopeful. ;)

Will be back.

Cynthia

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    10 years ago

I just printed the puzzle out, know a few off the top of my head. I will work on it later, Calamity and I are just about to head out on a local garden tour, hope to chime in tonight with my answers.

Annette

• thinman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Elvis' mother is a bit of a stretch for this puzzle, as she wasn't exactly a famous mother, but hey, it's Elvis we're talking about. He's famous enough for both of them. I'll say this for his mom: If you look closely, you will definitely see a lady there.

TM

This post was edited by thinman on Sun, May 12, 13 at 17:03

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

I know all except 2 and 7 as I don't know who Poor dog and Rumer are.
    Oh, also didn't get Bam Bam's mother. I can see her face and hear her voice so her name may come later.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

I have all except Elvis, Poor Dog (don't even know who he is), and for the life of me I can't come up with Gwyneth's mother's name even though I know exactly who she is! I hate that! Oh well.

Cynthia

10 years ago

I think I've got them all but two, 1. and 8. down.

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Annette, #1..."Here's the story of a lovely lady who was bringing up three very lovely girls..."

Still stuck in Elvis and Poor Dog. Oh and whatshername, too.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Well, big day for me. Housemate's son came and put some flowers in front of the house for her. He dumped about 8 bags of what looks like triple mix to me in to the little garden, which goes over the seeds I put in - oh well, no harm no foul - it was for his MOM!! Went out to the back garden - Annette - the peas are coming up!! Also the MG's, Sunflowers, lettuce, radish and multiplier onion sets. Also in the back garden, many unidentified seedlings coming up where I put all the old seeds about a month ago - it will be interesting to see what happens.

Well, I have all but 9A and 2D, although I question 5A - is it my drugs or is this backwards? Just asking!! It's probably the drugs.

Going to crash back into my nest now - cheers all.

Nancy.

• thinman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh rats. You're right Nancy, I messed up 5. The clue should be Pebbles, not Bam Bam. I don't know my Flintstones from my Rubbles. Sorry, everyone.

TM

10 years ago

LOL, I couldn't fit Betty in number 5 so I just tried the other mom's name, it seemed to work so I thought what the heck.

Annette

• thinman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Poor Dog is actually a dog, but the mother in question isn't actually the dog's mother. Does that confuse things?

For Elvis, read the last few words of my Elvis post again, thinking in terms of looking not at his mom, but at her name. I was probably trying too hard to be clever and not give it away.

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Haha. I was thinking the wrong mom but the right answer for the BamBam clue. Got it right by getting it wrong-ha.

So, I have nine of them. Off to bed. I know I will kick myself in the morning when I read the answers.

This was great, TM.

Cynthia

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Ok, I got Pebbles mom. Poor Dog, hmm.
    I was walking around the gardens checking what has returned and some things look dead but they might just be late.

Elvis was a good lad, dedicating his first song to his mom. She was sure glad.

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

1. Carol

1. ?
    2. Judy
    3. Marge
    4. Wilma
    5. Lucy
    6. ?
    7. Gladys
    8. Gertrude
    9. Blythe
    10. Rose
      12, Eve
  • thinman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I guess everyone has had a chance to check in with answers, so here's the list:

1. Carol (Brady)
    2. Hubbard (Old Mother)
    3. Judy (Garland)
    4. Marge (Simpson)
    5. Wilma (Flintstone)
    6. Lucy (Ricardo)
    7. Demi (Moore)
    8. Gladys (Presley)
    9. Gertrude (?)

1. Blythe (Danner)
    2. Rose (Kennedy)
      12, Eve (Who needs a last name when there are only two people on earth?)

for all of you.

Thanks for playing trivia with me. You all are a lot of fun.
    TM

10 years ago

That was fun TM, I missed out on two, Elvis's mom and Greg, couldn't even place him the et. al. was leaving me with a blank.
    Another overcast day here so it's good gardening weather for one that can't take the sun, a good day for weeding.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Good one, TM. I like puzzles, not always good at them!! Thanks for the fun, and the day off. As I said, big day yesterday, and I am exhausted today! Washed my hair in the kitchen sink - can't think of the last time I did that!! Birds baths for a while till stitches are out. Bummer.

Cheers to All. Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Of course-Blythe Danner! Darn, should have gotten that! Never would have gotten Gladys without Blythe. Love Old Mother Hubbard! Haha..

Thanks for the fun, TM. Great puzzle.

Cynthia

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Thanks for the fun, TM.

Ha, ha, I sure didn't place poor dog.

Nancy, I remember how great I felt after getting my hair washed during recovery. Glad you were able to get it accomplished on your own.

Sponsored