Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

thinman
12 years ago

OK, here's a simple question for you. It may be too easy, but let's see what you know.

Which planet in our solar system is the hottest?

ThinMan

Comments (9)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Gotta love love love 4th grade science! Our students did reports on the different planets this year. Knowledge is a thing of beauty, isn't it?!

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Methinks it would be the closest, yes??

Nancy. - still raining here.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Sorry about the rain, Nancy. We had a break in itr today. Rained last night and threatened in the a.m., but turned into a lovely day. Now, looking like we are going to get more rain-sky is darkening. Thought it would be a good day to weed, but despite the rain, those little (some VERY big) weeds held tight. Very frustrating.

Read my first post above-there are clues. One would expect it to be the closest, but it isn't.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Yeah, I was thinking that one! Closest would be too easy, and everything is a battle with TM. lol.

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Guess we are as smart as fourth graders then! Phew.

I was going to use Frankie Avalon as my next clue. Remember his song of the same name? Jeepers, I am getting old!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Mmmmmm, late to the game today 'a thing of beauty' Cyn, would that be Venus?

Annette

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

I will go with Venus also, (the goddess of love).

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Make that the Roman goddess of love. Aphordite was the Greek goddess of love.

• thinman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, 'tis Venus. It's farther from the sun, but it has an atmosphere that is able to hold in heat so the temps can build up higher than Mercury. In fact, its atmosphere is 96.5 % CO2. Talk about greenhouse gases -- it's like a warm woolly blanket and the planet gets up around 800 F. The earth has only 0.035 % CO2 and we're worried about that little bit increasing.

for Cynthia, Nancy, Annette, and Bobbie. You ladies really know your fourth grade science. :)

Thanks for playing trivia with me this weekend.

TM

Sponsored