Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

Posted by thinman Z5 MI (My Page) on
Sun, May 1, 11 at 10:59

G'day, mates. Hope you're having a nice pretty weekend like ours. I have about two dozen trays of flower seeds to sow today, so I'll have a busy afternoon playing with dirt and stuff.

How about if stick with the air force for today's question? I think you may get this one without resorting to spouses.

Some of the air force's current aircraft include the B-1, B-2 , C-17, F-15, F-16, T-1, T-38, and T-41.

What do the letters B, C, F, and T stand for?

ThinMan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

Hmmmmm, if I'm on the right track I'm stuck on C.

Annette

o

DH told me what C stands for so I think I know what all of them stand for now :) I'll be back later, it looks like it's going to be another busy day in the garden.

Annette

o

I am guessing crash test dummies!

Actually, I do know these. DH flew both F and C during his career.

o

I'm sure the letters have to do with their primary purpose, and I think I know what they all stand for.

o

Just to add to the mix:

Air Force also used an A and a P designation during WWII (the Navy p designation is a different one). Also, there is an X-think X-15.

DH flew the T-37 (primary) and T-38 (advanced) in flight school in Laredo. During Viet Nam, he flew the C-123 out of Da Nang and then he flew the C-141 after the war.

o
Is it late enough? Don't read if you're still thinking

B=bomber
C=cargo
F=fighter
T=trainer

o

Ditto Cyn :)

Annette

o

Oh, I got the B C F but didn't get T trainer. Wondered why there would be a Cargo as well as a Transporter. Makes sense that the T would be for trainer instead.

o

What Cynthia said. :)

For Cynthia and Annette.

for Bobbie, who was up late last night.

Cynthia, I saw the A and P when I was looking up the others, but I didn't spot X. I'm guessing it stands for experimental.

Thanks for playing trivia with me, y'all.

TM

o

Thanks for the stars, TM.

Yep, x=experimental.

Have a marvelous week all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here