Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

Getting a fence!! (Happy Dance!!!!)

girlgroupgirl
12 years ago

Today we are getting a fence. The posts are going in. I am so HAPPY. It has not been without a struggle. Two, yes TWO visits downtown to City Hall to get permits (and pay for the permits). Then a nice but kind of flakey contractor who now seems to be on track (although we are getting a dog earred fence when I asked for a flat, capped fence - I'm not sure what about that one doesn't quite understand. I included photographs of what I wanted!!!)

Now to get my neighbors dog to the vet and to the boarding clinic tomorrow for a few days! We are removing her chain link fence (with her blessing) and putting in the wooden fence right across. We like her dog, but she has trained him very oddly to say the least. He is dominant aggressive and fear aggressive. She lets him have his way far too much in things that matter to dogs and uses things that should be positive as negatives. For example, he growls to get a collar put on him because she threatens him "I'll get a collar and a leash and make you come in". I had a friend come and amazingly get a collar back on him - two days later my neighbor takes it off!! Why? Because she wants the other girl to come back and visit because she likes her.

YESH!! So today I have to get the collar on the dog. He snarls, snaps and bites. My neighbor is elderly and has had strokes and does not have the hand strength to get the collar on herself, I don't think she can even get the leash on him or walk him (he runs the yard).

Now for food. The dog will not take treats. He is freakishly suspicious of all people and all food. It is so weird.

So I am doing all of this simply to get a fence. I have spent days and days cutting down and putting weed killer on invasive plants in the way back so the contractors can have access to put the fence together. TONS of weed trees, vines: all from neighbors yards. It has been so much hard work. But I am getting a FENCE!!!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery