Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Thursday...sipping tea and watching it rain :)

lavender_lass
12 years ago

It's raining today...really raining and lots of wind, but I'm fine with that. I finally got my roses planted (couldn't resist some bare root roses this spring) and my blueberries moved, so the cool, rainy weather is perfect! It's supposed to be like this most of the weekend and then it should warm up and I can hopefully plant my tomatoes.

How is your Thursday? Are you having tea inside or out? I'm sitting by the window, sipping Earl Grey, enjoying the cool weather (and the break from gardening) and thinking about making muffins! LOL

Enjoy your tea :)

Comments (5)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

The weather here is just pure yuck!!! It has been windy, raining and cold, what happened to spring?
    Didn't stop for tea today got all involved with stuff outside. Potted up a couple of tomato plants in buckets, watered the greenhouse and just puttered. It has been said we're having the worst spring in recorded history :(. Oh well I least I'm not having to drag hoses around. You know a nice hot cup of tea and a cranberry muffin is sounding pretty good I think I'll go put the kettle on.

Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

I missed Thursday tea as well. Thought about it, then my brain went out the window. By 7pm, I was wishing for a nice hot cup of tea; but it was too late for me to drink caffeine. And I wasn't in the mood for lemon or peppermint herbal tea.

I planted a Bitterroot yesterday. Such pretty yellow/orangey flowers and interesting foliage. Then I hurried and put in five Stargazer lily bulbs as the sky threatened. By the time I got them covered over with dirt, the back of my t-shirt was wet. Except, I really don't think I want the lilies growing in the spot I chose; but I couldn't make up my mind and really needed to get them underground.

Then I sat on my butt and watched the Casey Anthony trial practically the rest of the day. If it wasn't for my dog needing to be walked three times a day, I wouldn't have gotten out at all. Yes - this weather is yuck!!!! (I added one more exclamation point than Annette)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Ha!!! I thought yesterday was the pitts, this morning we're experiencing a torrential downpour. The weatherman said we might get a couple of warm days next week, it feels like the end of february here not the end of may BUT I'll take this weather over what others are having to deal with, we've seen some of the devastation on tv, it's heartbreaking.

Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Found this on another forum and thought it summed up our thoughts pretty well.

(I thought I posted this already but it disappeared or I posted in the wrong thread! :))

Here is a link that might be useful: tea

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Schoolhouse- Great link! I just posted it over on the Smaller Homes forum, under the tea post :)

Annette- All this rain has been crazy...although it is perfect for drinking tea. I'm ready for some sunshine and lemonade, in the garden! LOL

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County