Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

It's Thursday and it's beautiful, sunny and 70 degrees :)

lavender_lass
12 years ago

I'm sorry I forgot to post earlier. I got some more plants yesterday and I've been playing in the garden...I mean working! :)

It's Thursday and I'll probably take a break in an hour or so and have tea in a shady spot in the fairy garden. I'll try to take pictures, even though only a few things are blooming. The shady side is really looking nice, but the sunny side still needs a lot of work!

Hope you have a lovely Thursday and enjoy your tea.

Comments (4)

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Forgot about tea this afternoon. I also was planting, not very much though because my ground is still so wet. The weather was warm enough to go without a jacket most of the day until late afternoon when a cool breeze picked up. Never got the thunderstorm I was sure was coming. Maybe overnight?

I bought a tin of Twinings Darjeeling tea a couple of weeks ago and have made several pots of it. Very good tasting. I remember I used to buy boxes of the tea bags.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Didn't even think of tea this afternoon, had an emergency gall bladder surgery at 8 last night, came home this morning around 10. I'm still pretty ouchy getting from a sitting to a lying down position but all went well, so far I'm doing great, DH is doing the cooking and everything else for a bit.
    What really sucks is our weather has finally turned to nice and I'm stuck inside and you all know what those d*mn weeds are doing.

Annette

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Annette- How awful! I'm so glad you're okay. Don't worry about the weeds, they'll be there when you feel better. Right now, just relax and recover, so you can enjoy the rest of your spring/summer...your DH sounds like a sweetie :)

Schoolhouse- I've heard Darjeeling tea is really good, but I don't think I've ever tried it. Maybe next time I'm at the store I'll get some...hope your weather stays warm and you're able to plant more, soon. BTW, your pictures are beautiful!

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Thanks lass. Annette - glad to hear everything went well, people tell me gallbladder attacks are so painful.

Yes, it's nice again today. Mom called this morning to ask my help in decorating the graves at the cemetery but then called back later and said she wasn't feeling well and canceled. I told her I would take the flowers and plant them, but she didn't want me to do that; so we'll try a day next week.

So I went and bought three tomato plants and some green pepper plants at the Amish greenhouse. The place was packed with people buying flats of flowers and veggies, taking advantage of nice weather. I haven't decided what annuals to plant in my beds and containers yet, by the time I do all the nice ones will be gone. Normally I wait until after Memorial Day anyway.

I think I will make a pot of tea around 2:30p, first I'll plant the tom and peppers and maybe a couple new perennials I bought yesterday.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths