Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Sing a little song ... Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

thinman
13 years ago

Here are some more theme songs that you all will probably guess in short order. I'll bet you'll be humming at least one of them all day today.

1. Boy the way Glen Miller played

Songs that made the hit parade.

Guys like us we had it made,

Those were the days.

2. Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,

A tale of a fateful trip

That started from this tropic port

Aboard this tiny ship.

3. Just two good ol' boys,

Never meanin' no harm,

Beats all you've ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was born.

4. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.

Schlemiel, schlemazel, hasenfeffer incorporated.

ThinMan

Comments (14)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Oh, you are being so easy on us this weekend, TM-either that or we are all just tv junkies.

Know these also. #3 was a favorite of my son when he was little. He and his best friend pretended they were those two as they zoomed around on their big wheel bikes. Very cute-problem was DS sort of drove that way when he got his license-oh well. Never had an accident as a result. Speeding tickets? That's another story.

I watched #1 and #2 regularly, but # 4 not so much-did watch the show it was spun off from though.

Have a marvelous Sunday, all. I'll be checking back later.

Cynthia

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

If you haven't guessed it by now yep, I'm a TV junkie LOL

1) Dingbat and meathead come to mind
    2) Why does Mr. Magoo cross my mind when I think of this show
    3) The number 01 seems to keep zipping right on by
    4) Remember the days of poodle skirts and monogram

Now let's hope I have these in right order.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Annette - re: 2 - He was the voice!! I loved Mr. Magoo!!
    Yep, TV junkie here, as well.!!

Nancy.

• greylady_gardener
    13 years ago

Now Cynthia! :) I can normally only get the easy ones so I have been happy this weekend. LOL!
    I used to watch way more TV than now, so these have been fairly easy. The third one popped into my head right away but I started second guessing myself and finally decided to ask DH just to confim before I posted.
    Now I have only a few programs that I watch so if questions ever come for recent shows then I will be stuck unless they are from my very short list. :)

definitely in the right order Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

I am including myself, gg! Grew up along with tv-watched all those cowboy shows with my dad and my husband and cousin can sing everyone of those theme songs. Too funny. I remember watching the test pattern waiting for Mighty Mouse to come on-my father made me go back to bed-seems it was still the wee hours of the morning. :)

Nowadays, we also only watch a few. I was sorry they cancelled "Law and Order"-that was one I did like!

Completely forgot about the Mr. Magoo connection until you mentioned it, Nancy and Annette. Loved that, too. So silly.

13 years ago

We all seem to have guessed these ones sooooo.... Let's come up with a few more...

TM can come out and play too.

Harlem Nocturne was the theme song for what TV show?

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

ooh, good one Annette. Not sure. a dectective show would fit the music, though.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Oh, I know that one Annette. I am not sure I've seen the show, but I really love the song (and I do have some paperback books related to the show).

I named Boo Boo Kitty after Thinman's #4....

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm happy to be back in northern Michigan this morning, where the temps are nice and cool and I can get some much-needed outdoor chores done.

It looks like most of you used to watch the same shows I did. Of course, it's not like we had a lot of different choices back then. Four channels was it for me on the best days.

No one has specifically listed the shows yet so here they are, just in case there is any doubt in anyone's mind.

1. All In The Family
    2. Gilligan's Island
    3. The Dukes of Hazzard
    4. Laverne and Shirley

for Cynthia, Annette, Nancy, Greylady, and GGG.

'Fraid I'm clueless about Harlem Nocturne, Annette. Thanks for adding to the fun though.

Thanks all, for playing trivia.

TM

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wait a minute! Was it The Thin Man?

TM

13 years ago

Morning all, thanks for the stars TM. No it wasn't the Thin Man it was Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer. The show only ran for a short time. Harlem Nocturne is favorite of mine especially when featuring a sexy sax. I'm pretty sure GGG and Cyn guessed it, good going gals.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Oooh, Annette - I love that song too. I was thinking further back....It was in B&W, I think. If we can think of the name of it - LOL - who played the secretary?? You only ever saw her 'gams' and heard her sexy voice!! There you go - Monday Trivia!!

Nancy - who only know half of the answer!!

13 years ago

Nancy, you were probably thinking of the earlier Mike Hammer series starring Darren McGavin in B&W. In the later Mike Hammer Tanya Roberts played the part of Velda at first but was replaced by Lindsay Bloom. I don't know who played Velda in the earlier one.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

I know!! It was Mary Tyler Moore. You never saw her, only her legs, and heard her voice.

Nancy.

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource