Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

Oh-oh!! Dozed off after I added the answer this am. Apologies to all, this is definitely a lazy Sunday am. Hope no one flips out about my tardiness. Gorgeous day here, though.

Well, today's question is much simpler, but maybe not easier?? Since we spent yesterday in the 70's, I thought that we could finish up there, too.

Who had a boyfriend named 'Killer'?

I'll be back later, maybe with clues.....

Nancy.

Comments (10)

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

I definitely need clues as have no idea.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

There is one above...;-))

Nancy.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

I caught the clue Nancy, it made me think of G, such a sassy gal LOL.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

lol, Annette. WYSIWYG, mnwsgal!!

• thinman
    12 years ago

I know this one. GJ.

ThinMan

• greylady_gardener
    12 years ago

better late then never! :)
    I just got back from our annual plant swap. "Gee" I am glad I didn't miss this as I definitely know the answer. :)
    and I didn't have to flip out or have a devil of a time to remember it, either! LOL!

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Got it from your first clue, Nancy, but had to look hard to find it after you told me to look. I was going in a different direction. WYSIWYG? Sorry, but I don't know many of those initial phrases, lucky I know LOL.

We didn't watch much TV in the early 70s, going to school and a very busy social life. Did know about F and G though from a few views and general conversations.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

{{gwi:606047}}

Clerow Wilson, Jr. (December 8, 1933- November 25, 1998), known professionally as Flip Wilson, was an American comedian and actor. In the early 1970s, Wilson hosted his own weekly variety series, The Flip Wilson Show. The popular series earned Wilson a Golden Globe and two Emmy Awards. His most popular character, Geraldine Jones, always referred to boyfriend 'Killer' and whose line "The devil made me do it" became a national expression.

WYSIWYG was originally a catch phrase popularized by Flip Wilson's drag persona "Geraldine" (from Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In in the late 1960s and then on The Flip Wilson Show until 1974), who would often say "What you see is what you get" to excuse her quirky behavior. The phrase proved popular enough to become the title of the hit single "Whatcha See is Whatcha Get" by The Dramatics in 1971. The term is used now in computing to describe a system in which content displayed during editing appears very similar to the final output, which might be a printed document, web page, or slide presentation. Sure hope he copyrighted it.

Our stars today:
    - for Annette, mnswgal, Thinman and greylady-gardener.

Thanks for playing. It was lots of fun trying to come with something interesting, but not impossible to guess/know. Cyn and I will see you next weekend. Heal well, TM.

Nancy.

• thinman
    12 years ago

Thanks for the fun questions this weekend, Nancy. Good job.

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Thanks, Nancy and Cyn, for a fun weekend of trivia. And good clues as I needed help with both questions.

Sponsored