Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remy_gw

Visting Gottagarden

remy_gw
14 years ago

Hi All,

As some of you know, I'm lucky enough to be within driving distance to Brenda! I stopped by on Wednesday. Here's a few pics.

{{gwi:606683}}

{{gwi:606685}}

{{gwi:606687}}

{{gwi:606694}}

If you want to see more, please check out the link below.

Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket Album of Visit

Comments (22)

• little_dani
    14 years ago

I am sooooooooo jealous, but happy for you :O)
    Great pictures!

Janie

• BecR
    14 years ago

Boy those are gorgeous!!! She certainly knows how to grow em, and you sure do know how to photo 'em!!! Lovely thank you for sharing. :)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    14 years ago

You certainly are lucky, Brenda's garden is another of those fabulous gardens I'd love to be able to see in person. Your photo's plus the ones Brenda has shown are so enticing.

Annette

• zigzag
    14 years ago

Stunning and thank you for posting the pics!

Btw, isn't gottagarden the red bed lady? Or do I have my posters mixed up? I just so love the red beds!

• FlowerLady6
    14 years ago

Yes, Brenda is the red bed lady!

Remy ~ Lucky for you. Thank you for that lovely tour. It was a real treat! No wonder Brenda was a bit overwhelmed earlier in the year. It looks like she got her second wind and I'm sure glad she did. She has lovely gardens, vibrant and happy.

FlowerLady

• todancewithwolves
    14 years ago

How fun! and so beautiful. I've never seen poppies that shade before and those iris's are to die for. Great pictures.

I wish we all lived closer so we could all visit. How fun that would be.

• PattiOH
    14 years ago

Fabulous garden and photos!!!

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    14 years ago

Great photos, great garden.

Gotta Garden is the RedBed gardener.
    Do you all know who is Remy?
    She has a blog, and great gardens, too.

Nell

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lol, I went looking for the post because I knew there were replies and I see I posted in the wrong forum!
    I am so glad you are all enjoying the photos.
    Yes Gottagarden is the red bed gardener. Here's a pic of it right now.
    {{gwi:606697}}
    It looks great. It is not in its full glory yet since red is a color of later summer.

Nell,
    Oh thank you!

I'm going to go post a link to this post since I don't know what forum I'm in, lol.
    Remy

• Annie
    14 years ago

Brenda really works her tail off out in her gardens.
    She is a devoted gardener.
    She is a kind and lovely person and a great Mum, too.

She has kindly shared plants from her gardens with me, but I am not as good at growing things as she is and mine don't look any way near as beautiful as hers.

What is that drop-dead gorgeous pink flower with the irises?
    Man, that is all so beautiful and spit-spot perfect.

Thanks for posting your photos, Remy.
    What a treat!!!

~Annie

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Remy, thank you for posting the pictures.....anywhere. I always look forward to seeing pictures of everyone's gardens.

Everything looks just gorgeous. I love the peony in that first picture! The red bed looks good even though it isn't in its prime bloom time.

Off to see more now. This has been a lovely Sunday morning treat, listening to the rain and seeing beautiful gardens.

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

She has an absolutely lovely garden. Thank you for posting pictures, bet you had a great time visiting.

• DYH
    14 years ago

WOW! Brenda is such a fabulous gardener! Thanks so much for sharing your visit through photos.

Cameron

• irene_dsc
    14 years ago

Y'know, I was wondering what was going on when I saw a thread in the gallery of Gottagarden photos with no responses! How on earth could *that* happen, I wondered! ;)

Yes, you are very lucky to be able to visit Brenda and see her gardens in person! Thanks for sharing the photos!

• mora
    14 years ago

Gasp, how absolutely fabulous! Well done,both of you!, Martha

• kailleanm
    14 years ago

GASP!! So gorgeous. Thanks for posting these photos!

Can anyone tell me the name of the sweet little groundcover with the heart shaped leaves in the bottom right of the second photo?

Also, the specific name of those gorgeous pink poppies!?

TIA!

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the photos!

Annie,
    It is a peony.

Irene,
    Sometimes my brain is not firing on all cylinders, lol.

Kailleanm,
    Brenda told me the name of the poppy. It might be Patty's Plum. Hopefully she stops by and confirms. The ground cover is Lamium probably Beacon Silver or a similar cultivar.

In case anyone is wondering the blue green hosta is June. I know that since I have it too, lol. It is a very pretty one.
    Remy

• irene_dsc
    14 years ago

Remy - No worries, I'm just laughing because I know that everyone would rush right over and comment on any thread with photos of Brenda's garden! And, I was right, of course. :)

• kailleanm
    14 years ago

Thanks for identifying those pics for me, Remy. A google search says you are right! So beautiful.

• gottagarden
    14 years ago

Hey I just found this thread! I've been so busy in the gardens I haven't been online as much. Nice photos Remy :-) I'm planning on posting some of my own one of these days, as soon as things slow down (November??)

Peonies and iris are now starting to wind down, but the delphiniums and clematis are waking up. Always changing!

• lvtgrdn
    14 years ago

I enjoyed these photos. What a wonderful assortment of plants, and look at all those hostas!

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

So beautiful and thanks for sharing all the pictures. I don't know how some people keep up. I spend alot of time before work, after work and on weekends and don't know if I could ever have results like I see on here. I'm thinking if I'm ever lucky enought to retire then maybe that will help.

Punk

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting