Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Watering Cans

OK, seriously, I am not shilling this co. or website!!! But I fell in love with their fabrics, and just got this email today - gorgeous folk art watering cans - not cheap, but looking is free!!! lol.

Nancy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jali

Comments (10)

• sanitycheck
    12 years ago

Very pretty, very out of my price range..lol.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

They are fun, but very expensive-especially considering their small size! We should all make our own and post pics! I'll bet we have some talented folks who could paint amazing designs. Now, I would have to talk my husband into doing it-he is the real artist in our family-me, nit so much.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Exactly my thoughts, we could make our own!!!! Just a fun thing to share.

Nancy.

• luckygal
    12 years ago

Very pretty and a great idea for anyone who's artistic. Not me, I'm more craft-inclined so would be more likely to decoupage. Wonder how many they sell at that price!

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

lol - if you didn't really garden, they'd look great next to the dying petunias. Oh dear - send me back for sensitivity training.

Nancy.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

How many of you use the old vintage metal watering cans? I've been tempted to buy some, as at an annual Spring Fair my favorite nursery hosts, a lady at one booth always has the most wonderful collection of vintage cans. Most all are in good shape, i.e. no holes or plentiful rust, some have been mended (how?). And the many different varieties of handles and spouts are so interesting. The prices are always reasonable I think (from $20 - $35). Are they heavy when filled with water, more so than plastic watering cans?

• mary_lu_gw
    12 years ago

Very pretty, but would soon get banged up in my garden. Although at least I might find it sooner, as they are so brightly colored. I am always leaving mine sitting somewhere and having to look for it.

schoolhouse, the watering can I use is an old one. I picked it up many years ago at a thrift sale for 50 cents! Have since seen similar ones in antique stores for much more $$. Have often thought that I really shouldn't use it, but can't seem to part with it just for display! I don't find it to be any heavier and it is so much more sturdy. I must have had it at least 15 years or more.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I currently have 2 wc. One is vintage, and in need of fixing as it stayed out too late one fall, and froze. I had an unpainted match, but someone stole it. My plastic one was a p.i.t.a., cause I had to cut a larger hole in the top. My fav to use right now is a metal one from WM, very useful. I find the weight to not be a problem, and they don't blow away in a light breeze!!

Nancy.

• sierra_z2b
    12 years ago

I found a small decorative watering can at the dollar store. I taped in some Oasis and put in a bouquet of fake flowers. My cats chew on flowers, so I thought this would stop it and still look pretty. But they chew on the fake ones too.Little buggers.

As for watering cans for the garden, I use haws watering cans.

Sierra

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Schoolhouse, my DH gave me an old metal can-very large and also VERY heavy when full-or maybe I am just weak-ha. Also, the sprinkler thing that fits in the spout doesn't stay in when I water, so it more a deluge than a gentle sprinkling. Back to the hose. DH also bought me a wonderful nozzle with six or seven adjustments from mist to jet at the turn of a ring thing around the base-all nicely labeled, too! I love it, plus it has the added bonus of being partly purple-fun.

Sponsored