Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tea on Friday, this week?

Posted by lavender_lass WA zone 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 16, 11 at 21:03

Sorry I didn't post today, but we've been very busy the last few days. How about tea on Friday, this week?

It's been raining here most of the week and the highs have been in the mid 50s. Is it April or June? Every week, the weatherman says next week will be sunny and warm. Still waiting! I guess with all the heat and drought in the south, we should be glad we have the rain...but my poor tomatoes are just kind of stuck. They look great, but they don't grow any bigger.

So, tomorrow, I think I'll pretend it's hot and sunny and make my mom that pineapple upside down cake (I was supposed to make last week). Maybe some jasmine tea to go along with it. That's such a nice, light tea...I just wish I had the kind with the flowers. Time to go to the tea shop :)

Have a lovely Friday and enjoy your tea. Hope you get to spend some time outside, in your garden...and have a wonderful weekend!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tea on Friday, this week?

Thank you for reminding me - I need a cuppa! Been a busy week in the garden!

I just introduced myself on the other thread.

Cheers,
Peggy

o

Well I was all set for a nice cup of tea until I couldn't find my good brown slacks. I went shopping and found just the right topper to go with them earlier today, DD and I are off to the big city on sunday to see Wicked. Have you ever ransacked a closet looking for something, well that's what I did this afternoon.
The good thing about it all is I discarded a whole pile of clothes I don't wear anymore, donations to the thrift store :). I finally found the slacks they were hiding under a top that doesn't even look good with them. Now who was the ding-a-ling that hung that combo in my closet :).

Annette

o

You lucky dog, Annette! That is suppose to be a real good show. It's been years and years since I've been to a big musical like that. No one to go with anymore. :( Make sure you post back and tell us all about it.

Hi Peggy, welcome to Thursday Tea..er..Friday Tea this week.

I planned on afternoon tea, but a friend called this morning to say he would be here at noon to help with an exterior house repair. I helped by painting the board with primer, then I just "supervised" the rest of the time. It really got hot, my arms are sunburned.

Why is it on rainy days I want to take tea outside in the garden, but when it IS nice I have to work out there instead? grrr. We are having a thunderstorm right now, not a severe one, just lots of rumbles and a steady rain. The sunset is pretty despite it all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here