Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

checking in, TM

Just wanted to say I hope you are taking it easy, not feeling too frustrated with any restrictions you may be under, and amazing everyone with your incredibly quick recovery (fingers crossed that that is the case)

Sending virtual hugs to you and your DW.

Cynthia

Comments (28)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

TM, wishing you a speedy recovery with no complications, take it easy, don't do too much too soon. Sending hugs and best wishes to both you and your DH.

P.S. Sush, you didn't have to go THAT far to one up me.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Ah well, we are all people of that certain age...are we looking at afib or vfib....that remains the question. Do we bleed out, or in.....such small difference, nuances, that direct our lives. What directs our hearts, truly, are the facts that make us care, make us who we are. Cheers to you TM. We're all getting our virtual pom-poms out for you!! Don't picture it, please(lol). Just feel the positive vibes coming your way.

Nancy.

• natal
    12 years ago

Sending more wishes for a quick recovery.

• thinman
    12 years ago

Thank you, dear friends. Your cheerful greetings and good wishes are a real day-brightener for me.

If I can whine for just a minute, I'm still pretty stunned by the whole affair. All of my caretakers were surprised that I was really having a heart attack. I'm thin, active, have low blood pressure, and have none of the other risk factors. My doctor had just told me six weeks ago that I had a very low risk for a stroke or cardiac problem. Ha! Low, but apparently not zero.

They put in stent to open up a cardiac artery, said I was fixed, gave me four medications to take, and sent me on my way. Cardiac rehab and follow-up visits are coming up. All-in-all I would just as soon have skipped the whole event, but as we tell the grandkids, you git what you git and you don't throw a fit. (Hmmpf! It doesn't really work with them either.)

So thanks for being in touch and taking the time to write. I'll keep you posted.

ThinMan

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Whining is definitely allowed. You have earned the right to do so for sure.

Re: 3rd paragraph-you are still making us laugh, too. very funny-the advice and hmmpf part! Keep on laughing yourself-it is good for you. Maybe we should do weekend jokes for you. I'd share some from our fourth graders-they wrote some just last week, but looks like we need to teach them about exactly what makes things funny. Most were absolutely terrible-which actually made it kind of funny for the adults-lol.

12 years ago

OK, let's do jokes, I'll go first I just read this one today.

I recently had a visitor from the state of Texas. For three days all I heard from him was "In Texas we have the best this, the largest that, the fastest that," etc. It eventually became very annoying.

Being from Niagra Falls, I thought I could outdo him by showing him the "MIGHTY NIAGARA", knowing there was nothing in Texas that could compare to this "Wonder of Water & Power".

While standing at the brink watching millions of gallons of water rushing over, I noticed the look of awe in his eyes. It was then I asked him: "Do you have anything like this in Texas?"

He waited a moment before he answered: "No, but we have a plumber that could fix it."

• lorna-organic
    12 years ago

I guess one good thing about the cardio class will be meeting other people who know what you are going through. (Although I seriously doubt, considering your lifestyle, that you need the class). Best wishes that all works out for the best!

Joke:
    A toddler was found chewing on a slug. After the initial surge of disgust the parent said, "Well, what does it taste like?" "Worms," was the reply.

• thinman
    12 years ago

Good jokes, you two, and I can really use the smiles. I'm lying in a hospital bed again. How about that for a bad joke?

I had a little bit of chest pain early this morning, so DW and I headed to the ER again. It doesn't look like it was another heart attack, but now I get a couple more tests and see what's what. Home tomorrow, most likely.

Got anymore jokes?

TM

12 years ago

(((TM))), my DH didn't have a heart attack but he had the same procedure you've just had 12 years ago. It worked really well for him. Fingers crossed it was just a slight glitch and everything will be fine.... Another joke, let's see.

A man goes into a bar with his dog. He goes up to the bar and asks for a drink.

The bartender says "You can't bring that dog in here!" The guy, without missing a beat, says "This is my seeing-eye dog."

"Oh man," the bartender says, "I'm sorry, here, the first one's on me." The man takes his drink and goes to a table near the door.

Another guy walks into the bar with a Chihuahua. The first guys sees him, stops him and says "You can't bring that dog in here unless you tell him it's a seeing-eye dog."

The second man graciously thanks the first man and continues to the bar. He asks for a drink. The bartender says "Hey, you can't bring that dog in here!"

The second man replies "This is my seeing-eye dog." The bartender says, "No, I don't think so. They do not have Chihuahuas as seeing-eye dogs."

The man pauses for a half-second and replies "What??! They gave me a Chihuahua??!"

Annette

• thinman
    12 years ago

Good one Annette. Here's a silly one.

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says "Why the long face?"

This joke really tickles me for some reason.

• Merilia
    12 years ago

I remember reading an article about people who told a joke that was designed to be terrible as some kind of sociology study. There must be something wrong with me, because the joke they used cracks me up! Here it is:

Q: What did one chimney say to the other chimney?

A: Nothing. Chimneys can't talk.

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

Sorry, I have no jokes Thinman. Just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery.

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Here's a joke from the Prairie Home Companion Joke a Day calender.

A bear walks into a bar and says, "I'd like a beer and ....a packet of peanuts.
    The barman says, "Why the big pause?"

I hear that laughter helps one heal faster, don't know about groaning at jokes, though.

Hope you have a quiet night and are home tomorrow, TM.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Getting all of those happy endorphins going, TM? Good. Yikes, jokes - I knew a million before you asked. Most recent was on an episode of NCIS - A man walks into a bar, and asks the bartender for a glass of water. The bartender pulls a shotgun, and fires into empty air right next to him. The man lays a $10 bill on the bar, says thanks and leaves. Why?

* He had had hiccups.

Groan, I know!!!!

Nancy.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

OOoooohhh... I remember the one I wanted to tell!!

Husband retires, and begins enjoying life out of the fast lane, at home. He realizes that his wife is becoming hard of hearing, and consults his Dr. Dr. says, find out how close you need to be before she hears you, so the man goes home to find this out. His DW is in the kitchen, doing dishes, so from the living room he asks, "What time is lunch, dear?" No response. He moves to the hallway, next to the kitchen, and asks again....still his DW continues washing the dishes, and not responding. Truly concerned at this point, he walks into the kitchen, stands a couple of paces behind his DW, and asks again. His DW, exasperated to the point of distraction turns and says, "For the 3rd time, it will be much sooner if you come in here and help me."

Nancy.

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Thinman,
    wishing you a speedy recovery!

• thinman
    12 years ago

Home again, home again, jiggity jig.

Happily, my latest little episode was not another attack. Apparently, I was over-medicated and my blood pressure went too low, causing some symptoms that got me back into the ER. I had a few days in the hospital while they looked and tested for other problems, which they didn't find.

Thank you all very much for your support, jokes, and words of comfort. I'm lucky to have such good friends that I've never met. :)

TM

12 years ago

So good to hear you're back home and it was just a wee glitch in your meds. Now you make sure you take it easy, don't try to do too much too soon.
    I got the all clear from the surgeon yesterday, I'm all healed up and good to go again. He said the gallstone he removed was bigger than a walnut, Texas isn't the only place where things grow big LOL.

Hugs to you and your DW.
    Annette

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

TM, glad to hear that your medications have been adjusted and that you are home.

Annette, walnut sized, ooh,ouch!

From DH Hallmark B'day Card:

"Things I've learned:
    A universal remote control does not, in fact, allow you to
    control the universe."

• thinman
    12 years ago

Good job healing, Annette. Glad you got the green light to cut loose.

Gallstone trivia: Did you know that a lot of gallstones are 70 to 80 percent cholesterol? I can remember back in organic chemistry the instructor got a bunch of them from the local hospital and our experiment was to extract the cholesterol and crystallize it as pure cholesterol. Ahhh, good times...

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

How lovely. First chance I've had to get back and all those jokes just waiting for me! Fun! Also, I am glad I was able to get the good news TM and didn't have to worry too long.

Annette, so happy to hear your great report, too!

This has definitely been a grand evening!

Cynthia

12 years ago

Hmmmm, I wonder if that's the reason I get really good cholesterol readings when tested, it all ended up in my gallbladder. The doc has said more than once, people would kill for results like mine LOL.

Annette

• greylady_gardener
    12 years ago

Glad to hear that TM and Annette are doing well. :)

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

Doesn't low blood pressure throw you for a loop, Thinman. I never know if it's my hormones acting up or my blood pressure. I get similar symptoms from both. Everyone who takes my blood pressure always exclaims on how low it is. The doctor once said it was the blood pressure of the walking dead.
    Must be all the gardening.
    I'm so glad to hear you are on the mend.

• thinman
    12 years ago

Thanks GGG. My BP was so low when I stood up that the doc made the nurse do it again because she (the doc) didn't think I could actually be staying upright. :)

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

This is timely because as of yesterday I notice a real drop in my BP. I was weeding and the bottom dropped out. I get "wiggly" inside, and sometimes my sugar count plumits at the same time. I've been kind of sluggish at times and sleepy (I never took a nap, one day I did last week!!!!) - must be the BP again. I had a long walk today, and will have to keep on forcing myself to move it. That helps. We're looking into another contractor for the back yard and going through the permitting process again. That should raise the o'l BP back to normal. Perhaps all you need is a little stress in your life, TM :)

• thinman
    12 years ago

My anxiety meter is running a little on the high side lately, so I think I'll take a pass on that helping of stress, if it's all the same to you, GGG. :)

My cardiologist actually told me to add a little salt to my diet, if you can believe that. Maybe you could do the same?

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

I worked for a cardiologist last year, part-time. People can be silly about BP. Wifey (her name for herself) called in about Buttercup(you get the picture) and said that his top # was around 70.(this after surgery and new meds) Dr. is never available - I said get to the ER. She waited till next day to call again to see if Dr. was available - I said never - go to ER. If it ain't normal, it's not right. You might have survived for years with high numbers, but if your new meds drop them dramatically, it's not right. I for years had what my Dr. called 'naturally low' BP. Later we found out that I had severe sleep apnea - that'll keep your BP low lol. Maybe even flatlining!!

Glad you are both on the mend. Nancy.

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions