Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Wanna Buy a Dead Horse? Weekend Trivia -- Saturday

thinman
13 years ago

Happy weekend, dear cottagers, and welcome to trivia. TodayÂs question isnÂt as gruesome as the title makes it sound, but there truly is a horse for sale that is no longer living. In fact bids on July 14th are expected to get close to $200,000. Not bad for a horse that you canÂt ride. Oh, you can still get on him, but donÂt expect him to take you on any happy trails anytime soon. What is the horseÂs name?

ThinMan

P.S. I was all set to tell you all that Weekend Trivia is going to be on summer vacation for the next two months. IÂm having a little trouble doing both the trivia question and getting my stuff ready for market. IÂve also noticed that the set of Loyal Trivia Players has shrunk a bit lately, which makes me think that others are busy too. At any rate, I havenÂt given up yet, but it may happen. If anyone would like to take over for a while, you would have my blessing.

Comments (12)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

I had a guess even before I got to your clue, TM! I can't believe he is being auctioned. Such a huge part of my childhood.

Loved the cowboy, loved his sidekick, Gabby Hayes, but the horse was beloved above all!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Oh my, I'm with you Cyn, I think I saw every movie this cowboy ever made. Well maybe not all one was showing on a school night so no could go. The cowboy, Gabby, that gorgeous horse, and don't forget the sons of the pioneers.

Annette

• libbyshome
    13 years ago

This one made me smile rather than think. :)

The happy trails was a dead give-away. My sister and I would sing it in harmony away back then.

Libby.........who can still remember every word.

• lorna-organic
    13 years ago

I used to put on my cowgirl hat,strap on my cap gun and holster, and ride the radiator when watching Roy and Dale. I'd get an itchy trigger finger, whilst watching...yelling bang, bang, bang. Mom wouldn't let me shoot caps in the house.

Dale's horse was Buttermilk, the German shepherd was Bullet. Roy's Palomino was stuffed after he passed away. Seems like everybody knows which show and which horse it was, but do you remember the horse's name? :) I've given a hint, did you pick it up?

Maybe the group can step up and fill in the trivia gap whilst TM is on hiatus this summer. I'm usually working on weekends, so don't have much time available for computers. (Called in sick today, have a cold.)

13 years ago

Lorna, good to hear from you :) I had a hat, western shirt, boots and ...ahem... a two gun holster. Didn't have a radiator but had a sawhorse with a pillow for a saddle and a rag mop for T......'s head :).

I'll vote for giving TM a well deserved break, although we won't come close to our Trivia King I'm sure we can hold down the fort for a couple of months, maybe TM will have a chance to play for change.

Annette

• greylady_gardener
    13 years ago

well I didn't have anything other than an album of Roy and Dale and their whole family singing some country songs. I remember playing it over and over and over and over....my poor parents must have been ready to pull out their hair.

BTW Thinman, I am usually here, but don't normally jump in or let my presence be known unless I am ready to contribute. :)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Okay, late enough...Lorna, I am betting we all know the horse's name that TM wanted-just didn't want to spoil the fun too early for anyone. I watched the tv show every week! Heck, I watched every one of the cowboy shows every week with my dad. Mine was an Annie Oakley outfit-guns and all! Had a rocking horse when I was really young, then graduated to fallen trees jutting out from a wooded hill behind the house. We would climb out so our legs could dangle just like they would on a real horse-or so we thought at six years old-teehee.

Trigger.

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow! I was pretty sure you would get this one, but I didn't imagine that I would tap into a vein of such rabid Roy Rogers fans.

It definitely is Trigger that you can buy next week, if you can come up with the cash. Then you wouldn't have to ride on radiators, saw horses, dead trees, and such.

for Cynthia, Annette, Libby, Lorna, and Greylady.

TM

By the way, who used to drive Nellybelle?

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

I can picture him, but can't remember his name. Do remember that things were always going wrong/awry with Nellybelle, though! Wonder if the shows would still be fun or would they not stand the test of time and be just too 50s now...

Thanks for the stars TM.

13 years ago

Cyn, That would be Pat Brady, he was quite a character.

• lorna-organic
    13 years ago

They called Nellie Belle's driver Pete in the show, didn't they? I had a little yellow 45 record by Roy and Dale. "Green grow the lilacs all red, white and blue..."

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yep, Pat Brady. Good one, Annette.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction