Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Weekend Trivia -- Saturday

thinman
11 years ago

This has to be short and sweet because I am off to the market in a minute. Motorcycle stuntman Evel Knievel will always be associated with the number 433 (if my info is right). Can you tell us why?

See you after 1:00.

TM

Comments (12)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

Mornin' all, I'm taking a break from weeding this morning, Calamity and I are heading down island shortly. We're going on a pond tour in Victoria, should be a lot of fun I'll be back later with my answer and hopefully I'll have a couple of pictures to share.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    11 years ago

Ohhh, a pond tour!! Ohhh, a garden market - sadly, I must go to the office!!

I wonder if that number is significant to the numbers he was always obsessing about.....

Back much, much later!! I get to out after work!!

Nancy.

• thinman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I was ready to throw out a hint or two, but I have a feeling that this question was too easy for you. So mum's the word.

TM

• thinman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Anyone need any hints?

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

I need clues. Saw one of his shows on my Dad's TV once but I wasn't a follower so those numbers mean nothing to me.

• thinman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A whole bunch of years ago I read a cute story in the Humor In Uniform column in the Readers' Digest. There was a soldier whose parents had given him only initials for first and middle names. His legal name was R. B. Jones.

When it was time for his first paycheck, the army sent him a letter telling him they couldn't write a check unless he gave them his complete first and second name. With what he thought was perfect logic, he wrote back that his complete name was R(only) B(only) Jones.

Sure enough, he got his next check --- made out to Ronly Bonly Jones.

---------------------------------

In 1957, there was a guy named Larry Williams who sang a top 40 hit about a girl who was a skinny as a stick of macaroni. I always thought it should have been a stick of spaghetti, but that wouldn't have rhymed with her name.

-------------------------------

Do these ramblings help at all?
    TM

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    11 years ago

OK, I thought I knew this this morning....yesterday morning?? Now I am confused!! I was going to say it was the width of the Grand Canyon, his biggest challenge. I thought about Nic Wallenda. OK, wait a minute - would the number 206 have any correlation?? The penny may have dropped with Bony Maroni!!

Nancy.

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

Bony Maroni, ha, ha, ha, got it now!

Would this figure have more to do with his failures than his successes?

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

I don't know how many he broke but I know he broke a lot so I'm going with broken bones. The pond tour I went on yesterday was a real treat, saw some lovely gardens too, I have a few pictures but they don't do the ponds justice, too many people around to get a good shot.

Annette

• thinman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

for Nancy and Bobbie. Annette, did you know it?

Evel reportedly had 433 bone breakages in his career, which is a Guiness world record. I guess this means he must have broken some of the same bones multiple times.

Evel's first name was actually Robert, and he got his stage name in a funny way. According to Wikipedia, as a troubled youth, he earned his stagename after occupying a jail cell next to a man named Knofel, leading the jailer to refer to the pair as Awful Knofel and Evil Knievel (Knievel later changed the spelling of the first name to Evel).

Good job, ladies. Cynthia would be proud.

TM

• thinman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Annette, you snuck in while I was writing the answer.
    for you too. Glad the pond tour was fun.

TM

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    11 years ago

Thanks for the fun, TM.

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm