Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Saturday

I must be starting to relax now-I am losing track of the days. I almost thought Thursday was Saturday and was ready to post your question! Not having to drive in traffic unless I want to do so got me thinking. Do you know what city in the world is ranked #1 for worst traffic congestion? As you ponder tihat, I will be having my first cup of tea on the deck since we are blessed today with low humidity, birdsong, and blue skies. Lovely. It also keeps the dogs (and their muddy feet) out here and not in the house-I am the pack leader!

Cynthia

Comments (22)

• thinman
    10 years ago

How nice it is that you got a break from the humidity. We've had a nice run of that weather up here too. I'm pondering your question and thinking that there may be a clue in your last sentence or two. I'm imagining that the answer may be outside the US and Canada. I picture somewhere in India or maybe Rome. Just guessing - no actual thought process involved.

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Haha, TM. No, no clues yet. You are right to look outside North America though. Brain here is pretty much flatlining, so it could take the union of all our minds to figure out this one. Ah, you say, capital idea, Cynthia!

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Hmmm....was going to say Mexico, but you say outside of NA. Well then. A capital idea. Need to think more!!

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I cannot seem to get rid of the lazies today. I am just sitting around listening to the birds and telling myself I really should be up and doing something. (No clues there).

Actually, the top 1and 2 on the Forbes list of most congested cities are both in the same country, so you can give me either city or the country if you want. I am feeling generous today. Must be the chocolate!

Cynthia

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Chocolate?! Hmmmm....two European countries spring to mind - neither seemed obvious for traffic congestion. Hmmmmm, again.

Glad you are getting relaxed! Nice to have time away from the hubbub!!

Nancy.

• thinman
    10 years ago

Hmmmmmm.
    Union ... capital ... chocolate

Not even sure what continent to be thinking about, but for some reason I'm leaning a little bit toward South America. Maybe it's the chocolate.

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, if you want the raw stuff, TM, but otherwise, non or maybe nee.

So, what's for dinner tonight? One of my favorite dinners as a kid was when dad was away and my mother would fix waffles. I am in the mood for something like that, but it is getting hotter and more humid as the day goes on, so we will probably have a salad...maybe sprouts, too.

Cynthia

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Ahhhh, sprouts and waffles!! Got it. Hard to imagine that little country would have so much traffic. So, would it be your favourite tipple??

Nancy,

• thinman
    10 years ago

Well, I'll be. I think I have it too. I can't say I have ever known much about this country.

Bongo, Bongo, Bongo,
    I don't want to leave the Congo.

TM

• thinman
    10 years ago

The Congo isn't the country I was thinking of!

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No, TM, didn't think you were. Do think you have it. Nancy, you were quick!

I think I put too many clues out at once! Should have called them little cabbages rather than sprouts. Would that have made it harder?

Will wait for others, just in case. Oh, and the last clue I had planned: our PBS channel is running mysteries tonight (which they really are). I hope one is Poirot since he is a favorite! :)

Cynthia

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Aahhh, you are using your little grey cells. I think mine are slowly coming back!!

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

**** for Nancy and TM. I apologize for the asterisks, but my iPad is charging, so I can't (alas) upload my stars picture.

Yes, surprisingly, Brussels is the most congested city traffic-wise in the world according to Forbes Magazine. Antwerp came in second. Brussels is, of course, the capital of Belgium as well as that of the European Union. Once the iPad is charged, I will link to some interesting facts. It is just easier for me on that than on the Mac which I rarely get to use (Chuck is out at a meeting, so i am taking advantage!).

Cynthia

• thinman
    10 years ago

Thanks for the stars, Cynthia. I would never have guessed Brussels without your clever clues. The waffles got Belgium for me, and then the sprouts kicked in Brussels. Without the waffles clue, I don't know that I would have got Brussels. Maybe eventually.

Good job!

TM

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Thanks for that - I was initially thinking Mexico City, then maybe Switzerland, but the perfect Swiss would never allow it - lol.

Thanks for the fun.

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a link for Brussels and then I will connect you to one for Belgium.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brussels

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wonderful spot for beer lovers!

Here is a link that might be useful: Belgium

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, and in case you're interested...

Here is a link that might be useful: Top ten

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    10 years ago

I'm not sure what possessed me to pull up this particular trivia question, but it's a coincidence that I did. I was just in Brussels and Antwerp last year and I guess as a tourist would not have at all considered
    either city all that congested. I never felt like I was taking my life in my hands while crossing the street to get to the chocolatier!

But I did learn that they are very particular about beer in Belgium and each Belgian beer brand is served in a specific glass for that particular beer. Imagine being a bartender in Belgium and having to keep that straight?

Another interesting tidbit about Antwerp (since this is the trivia thread anyway) is that they have specific areas of the city where graffiti is allowed. This keeps the other parts "clean"while giving the artists an outlet. They are very big into cartooning in Belgium which is where Tin Tin is from. Big smurf todo when I was in Brussels. Fun country overall! And the chocolate is to die for. I'm not a beer drinker but the cherry dessert beer was quite tasty!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Welcome, Thyme. Thanks for the extra interesting info! Feel free to join us on Saturdays and Sundays for trivia. Only rule is that you aren't allowed to look up the answer. We give clues or hints to lead you in the right direction and you can always ask questions! We have fun. Hope to see you next Saturday. I will try to come up with something fun!

Cynthia

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

I had erratic connectivity this weekend. Could read the postings but couldn't keep online long enough to respond. Enjoyed the questions and clues as well as the extra info.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    10 years ago

Thanks Cyn! It does look like you guys have a lot of fun with the questions. I'll have to give it a whirl.

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts