Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

Good Morning, cottagers. Are you hungry for more?? I love that line from Home Alone. Went out with a friend from work last night after work. We started out on the patio, but heavy rain moved in, and so did we. They kept boxes of Trivia cards on the bar, so we started playing - the bartender and waitresses got in on the action, as well. Lots of fun. Movies and Trivia - a great pairing.

{{gwi:607711}}

The Big Chill is a 1983 American comedy-drama film directed by Lawrence Kasdan, starring Tom Berenger, Glenn Close, Jeff Goldblum, William Hurt, Kevin Kline, Mary Kay Place, Meg Tilly, and JoBeth Williams. It is about a group of baby boomer college friends who reunite after 15 years due to the death of a friend. The actor who 'played' the friend later became a big star, too, but his 'face shots' were cut in the final edit. This is actually more Hollywood legend than trivia.....surely I cannot stump you again this week??

Nancy.

Comments (14)

• thinman
    12 years ago

DW and I saw the movie, maybe a couple of times, but I don't think I'm gonna come up with an answer to this one.

So you mean there was an actor, now famous, whose face never actually appeared in the movie, but parts of him did? Like when he was laid out maybe?

ThinMan

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Oh, yippee! I do know this one. TM, if you want a clue, it'll cost ya! What have you got?

• thinman
    12 years ago

How about a bucket of sunflowers?

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Mmmmmm, in a way it kind of rhymes with Casey :), that is if I'm right. Calamity_J and I are going on a garden tour today, will check back in later.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, TM, you see his hair being combed, etc.

Sorry Annette, no rhymes!! TM, he was a man out standing in his field, a dreamer and a bit of a dancer!! Good one Cyn.

Nancy - who at least has clues this week!!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

I love sunflowers. Ok, the clue is already there, but I'll try to come up with another for you. ;)

Did you by any chance watch the Tour de France at all? The fields of sunflowers they passed near the start of the race were spectacular. Watching the awards ceremony now. Greatest sports event every year! (no clue here)

Cynthia

• thinman
    12 years ago

OK, got it. Aroooooooo!

TM

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Nancy, Casey.....K.C. LOL.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OK, maybe my clues were too good!!! lol.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Well, I guess this is not necessary, but I'm going with Kevin Costner.

Thanks for the fun, Nancy!

Cynthia

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Kevin came to mind immediately but I wasn't sure if it was Costner or Bacon. Clues say Kevin Costner.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Now, Kevin Bacon is one of my favorites! He is a Philadelphia boy, so that may have something to do with it.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

{{gwi:607713}}Lawrence Kasdan had planned to use The Big Chill to showcase his actor friend, Kevin Costner, but circumstances forced him to almost completely cut the actor from the release print. (He's seen only in the opening sequence, and only in the form of specific body parts - i.e. hair, his wrists - as they are being prepared for a funeral.) Kasdan made it up to Costner by casting him in a plum role in his next directorial effort, Silverado (1985), a rousing return to the Western genre which Kasdan and most others his age knew well.

Fans have long clamored to see Costner's footage for several sequences showing Alex's life prior to his suicide, but in documentaries and interviews since, Kasden has never shown anything more than still photographs from the location shoot. He has also refused to do any sort of "director's cut," saying that the version of the film as it has stood since 1983 is his director's cut and will not be augmented.

Kasdan has approved the release of additional footage, including elongated parts of other scenes that were cut for brevity or other reasons, as bonus material on DVD, but to date none of the Costner footage has ever been released or seen by those outside the production.

So, - for everybody this weekend. There, that's more fun, but I'm not going easy on you next weekend!!!

Thanks for playing, everybody. Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Thanks Nancy!

I think it was genius to do it the way he did, actually. It is one of my favorite films!

Cynthia

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH