Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Atta Boy, Roy. Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

thinman
13 years ago

Now that I know that some of you are real Roy Rogers fans, I can ask you more challenging questions.

Here are three!

1. What was the name of Roy's ranch?

2. Roy and Dale had a real life son that Dale wrote a book about: Angel Unaware. What moved Dale to write this book?

3. Roy appeared in an episode of the Wonder Woman TV show, but wouldn't do it unless Lynda Carter agreed to do what? (Keep it clean, people. This is Roy Rogers we're talking about. Besides, it was quite the opposite!)

ThinMan

Comments (7)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Mmmmmmmm,

1) Flying ? still thinking.

2) Didn't they lose a child at an early age, Just a guess Dale wrote about this.

3) Cover up?

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Whew-now you've got me. I think I may know the name of the Roy's ranch and would double down on that bet, but the other two? No clue (could actually make a guess on #3, though, thanks to your clue, TM), so will look to the rest of you for those. Hit me...

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Aw, Annette, you jogged something. Have I mentioned what I do for a living before? Can't remember, but it is a very special job that I love. Your comment made me slap myself upside my head-lol. Didn't know the book, but have heard mention of the situation before.

I agree about #3, but I was going somewhere else on #1. Hmmm...I'll ask DH.

• lorna-organic
    13 years ago

You've got me stumped on 1 & 3, TM. I believe Dale's book was about her son who was born with Down's Syndrome. In those days Down's was called Mongoloidism.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

1) Why I keep thinking Flying....... I don't know, might be thinking of another western star. Double R makes sense, still thinking. Can you tell I'm just guessing at these LOL.

Annette

....Remember Lash Larue, he always dressed in black and had that biggggg bull whip and... Hoppy and Gene, The Cisco Kid and The Lone Ranger? Roy was my favorite.

• greylady_gardener
    13 years ago

Well I totally forgot to come and look today as I spent almost the whole day outside in the garden :) I rarely get to do that! It was so much fun to get something done, and have at least one of the beds look great.
    anyway it wouldn't have mattered as none of this is ringing a bell....I do remember the name of the book but didn't remember why it was called that.
    the name of the ranch and the request to Wonder Woman are real stumpers too!

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

1. The ranch was called the Double R Bar Ranch
    2. I messed up a little on this question. It was actually a daughter, Robin Elizabeth, who inspired the book Dale wrote. Robin had Down Syndrome (Lorna got it right.) and died at about age two.
    3. Roy said that Wonder Woman had to wear more clothing. So she did: {{gwi:607750}}

I'm not sure how to award stars today, and it's just for fun anyway, so for everyone for playing trivia with me today!

I am going to go ahead and take a summer vacation from Weekend Trivia, starting today. I will still be around pretty much every day and would have fun trying to answer trivia questions any of you want to put out here. Let's see whatcha got.

Thanks for playing trivia this weekend, and every weekend. The ball is now in your court.

TM

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living